Thread: XBIZ Adult Industry Market Report

Professional pervert

XBIZ Adult Industry Market Report

Hi,

I'm bandying about the idea of buying the XBIZ Adult Industry Market Report here...

www.xbizresearch.com/getreport.php

... but at $470 ($420 with the discount from the Free Speech Coalition), I'm not entirely sure it's worth the investment. Especially since the methodology sounds a bit suspect -- their survey was by invitation only, and their public .pdf file makes no mention of their sample size or makeup.

$420 is a small price to pay if it'll help me improve my business and earn a profit, but I'm not entirely sure that it will. If a lot of small-to-medium adult websites and affiliate programs were considered in the analysis, it might be useful to me. But if it was designed around the needs of larger adult entertainment corporations (Video Secrets, Vivid, Falcon, AEBN, etc.), then it probably won't meet my needs.

Has anyone read the report? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

--Aaron
    Aaron Lawrence
    Webmaster, GayGeek: Smart reviews of gay adult websites

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    i think this was posted about a few weeks ago too

Professional pervert
    Found it, thanks. I did a search last night for "xbiz research" That didn't find it, but when I went back and did a search for "xbizresearch" I found it.

The original posting is here...

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ad.php?t=29805

... and the general consensus seems to be that because Xbiz is using a questionable methodology (by invitation only, no explanation on how those companies were selected) and because nothing has been publicly released about what percentage of those companies work with gay content, it's questionable at best whether there is any value to be had from this report.

I guess I'll pass!

Thanks,

--Aaron
    Aaron Lawrence
    Webmaster, GayGeek: Smart reviews of gay adult websites