Thread: Jasun made metafilter - well, close anyway...

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are

Jasun made metafilter - well, close anyway...

2nd entry on this page commenting on MILK...

http://outrate.net/featuresmilkamania.html

JASUN MARK VP Marketing, Jake Cruise Media
    I'm rather embarrassed to admit I still haven't seen Gus Van Sant's movie. I'm not much of a fan of his. I think his movie making is long-winded, redundant, contrived and self-indulgent.

But that's not why I haven't seen it.

I'm an asshole. I hate movie theaters because I always end up shouting at the bitch behind me yammering on her cell phone or the kids a row ahead playing their Gameboys. When I finally do see the movie I've been waiting to see for about 30 years, I want to enjoy every frame.. every sound.. every moment. I'll see it on DVD with my friends.

Found from this metafilter post...

http://www.metafilter.com/79384/Noth...ed-or-arrested

Critical consensus on Milk? Not so fast. “The beginning of the film was my favorite part. As an American Baptist, nothing says ‘feel-good movie’ like a pack of well-groomed, cocktail-swilling homosexuals being embarrassed or, better yet, arrested.” One Christian’s opinion of Milk, listed incongruously among 10 opinions from gay “leaders.”

Kinda funny I guess.... Here's the baptists scthick.

BETTY BOWERS America's Best Christian
    The beginning of the film was my favorite part. As an American Baptist, nothing says "feel good movie" like a pack of well groomed, cocktail swilling homosexuals being embarrassed or, better yet, arrested.

I found it troublesome that Harvey Milk is allegorically palmed off as a Jesus, only, of course, much more Jewish. Hanging around with a pack of men who showed no interest in women and then that messy "dying a martyr" affectation I had to roll my eyes. Of course, Jesus had the good sense not to be smote by some slob who sat around on shag carpeting in his underwear, gluttonously stuffing his face with Big Macs and snack cakes. Honestly, it's so unseemly to be murdered by someone like that.

The cast was conspicuously more handsome than the people being portrayed. It's always sadder when attractive people die.

I found Milk's Latin paramour desperately needy and relentlessly annoying. Hectoring Harvey with whiny phone calls and poorly penned notes. It was enough to make one wonder if Milk egged White on, just to get a moment's peace.

I Blog Naked
    When people like Betty get Baptised in their holy water, they really should hold them under the water a little longer, like ten or twenty minutes or so, so they can see the LIGHT real close and personal.

The world would be a much better place to live.:joker:

Professional pervert
    Umm, folks, Betty Bowers is a work of satire. Much like Stephen Colbert's shtick on the Colbert Report.

She's supposedly a member of Landover Baptist Church (which has its own satirical website) and routinely blasted Laura Bush during the Bush administration. That, of course, made for all the more fun because the same creators of Betty Bowers spent the past eight years lampooning the White House at www.whitehouse.org.

I have one of Betty Bowers' books. (White House.org once showed a picture of Laura Bush having a Betty Bowers book burning on the White House lawn). It's completely hysterical how over-the-top she is. She's way beyond fundamentalism and should be read strictly for the humor value.

--Aaron

PS, One of my favorite parts of Bowers' book was when she warned born-again Christians not to convert anyone they wouldn't want to spend an eternity being seen in Heaven with. After all, if you're embarrassed to be seen in public with someone now, imagine how it's going to be having them ruin your social life for all eternity.
    Aaron Lawrence
    Webmaster, GayGeek: Smart reviews of gay adult websites

Oh really? Could be thats why the post was removed from metafilter. Never heard of that satirist before.

I dunno if the original blue poster was in on the gag or not - the snippet certainly didn't have any satire warnings in it.

Anyway, I posted this cuz of the Jasun picture - it was kinda surprising to follow a metafilter link and see a gay program poster's avatar pic on the result page.

I suppose "America's Best Christian" should have clued me in, hahahahah!

What is it that they say - "There exists no parody of fundamentalism that can't be reasonably mistaken for the real thing."? Some net law that that I stuumbled across a few weeks ago. That certainly applies in this case.