Thread: 10 Years Sober!

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar

10 Years Sober!

DOH!!! I posted this on several boards and forgot to post it here -- one of the first places I "came out" to the adult industry and the first place I became ChadKnowsLaw!!!

Sorry Lee!! <kiss>

It has now been 10 years since I was arrested for drunk driving (the 4th time) and finally checked myself into an alcohol addiction treatment center.

I was a FUCKING MESS. I drank to the point of blackout 4 or 5 times a week. I was drinking over 24 beers a day. I was drinking in the morning and even installed a new shower stall with a shelf so I could have a place to put my morning cocktail while I showered.

A very public and very humiliating arrest gave me that last kick in the ass I needed to get myself to a rehab center. I went through DT's for 4 days. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delirium_tremens

One of the other patients died during my second week. I did not want to be that guy.

It has taken a lot of hard work. There have been some really shitty times and times I really wanted to take a drink and times I really wanted to just get drunk. Thankfully, there have been a lot of great times and good memories over the past 10 years and getting sober changed my life.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Professional pervert
    Speaking as a person who has has 1/10th of a beer in my entire life (can't stand the stuff), I congratulate you on getting your life together. Alcohol was never my crutch, but sex was. I never hit a low like you did, but I feel for you. You are to be commended for the strength you have exhibited for the past ten years.

--Aaron
    Aaron Lawrence
    Webmaster, GayGeek: Smart reviews of gay adult websites

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Congrats Chad

That is an awesome achievement

Regards,

Lee

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Chad,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! And may you have many more years of sobriety!

Kinda fun isn't it, being able to watch all those drunks make fools of themselves at party's?

Big Hugs,

Bill

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Alcohol is pretty much the worst addiction they say. Harder on your body, and faster in it's damages, than any of the drugs.

Keep it up guy.

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    congrads!

my dad used to be an alcoholic and he has not had a drink in over 30 years but he still tells me that sometimes he wants to but knows if he did he would not be able to stop drinking again

I like cocks better than you!
    Chad,

Much congratulations! A neighbor who lives next door to the office has been in the same situation.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/beth...ccused_of.html

Twice she went to the police precinct drunk and overly intoxicated. She has had an alcohol problem for several years. Has been in rehabilitation several times. And because of this police mess, she has made a complete turn around and is doing much better.

I am very happy for you Chad.

adding a congrats to you too
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Well done, sir!

Alcoholism has been the bane of my father's family for three generations back. I came dangerously close to weaving down that path myself and I can appreciate the determination you've shown in remaining sober this long. My hat is off to you! (well it was off already, but if I was wearing it I would take it off right now :luke: )
    Jacob Stiver
    E-Mail: drchango2010@gmail.com
    ICQ#: 388847435