Thread: how often do i need to update my sites please?

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'

how often do i need to update my sites please?

when i have made and sent a site over to somewhere like gaydemon.com how often do i need to update that site to keep it listed in the directory and making sales from gaydemon?

should i do updates every week or do you think every month will be good enough for a simple freebie site with maybe 40 or so pictures on it im thinking i could add 10 or more new pictures every month to my freebie sites and that will work good enough

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Unless its a blog, you build and forget.

Freesites - and they are called freesites, one word, not freebie sites - should in general not be updated, or only updated to switch out paysite links when you drop a sponsor.

Thats the general rule - you can if you want build another style of freesite and make chenegs in it in hopes of getting surfers to return.

You're better off building a hub that you change, and placing a link to it prominently in all your freesites. Update the hub, so all the surfers hitting your freesites think maybe to bookmark or or to willingly visit it again when the see the link in your newest freesites.

As Bill said, a 'freesite' is a build it, submit it and forget it scenario... go make another one, repeat.

If you want a "dynamic" freesite, then do blogs.

blogs are great, but they require more work than a run-of-the-mill freesite...unless of course you decide to use RSS feeds=)
    Jacob Stiver
    E-Mail: drchango2010@gmail.com
    ICQ#: 388847435

I like cocks better than you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    when i have made and sent a site over to somewhere like gaydemon.com how often do i need to update that site to keep it listed in the directory and making sales from gaydemon?

should i do updates every week or do you think every month will be good enough for a simple freebie site with maybe 40 or so pictures on it im thinking i could add 10 or more new pictures every month to my freebie sites and that will work good enough
    What we do is create a free site, trade links with it. Trade the links with your own sites.

What we have done is created an IFrame on each site. An IFrame pulls data from a webpage that you choose. Here's how to build one: http://www.htmlbasix.com/iframe.shtml

We update ONE webpage, and that webpage updates the site the IFrame is on.

We link between ALL of the sites. We are currently working on a "Jock of the week" or "Model of the week" type deal. And we run about 10-15 sites off of this I-Frame.
    To the consumer, it looks like it's been updated ON THAT SITE. But really it hasn't.
    It's also helped our search engine ranking a bit.

Just a suggestion.

But if you do freesites, trade links in them between all of your sites. Think of it as like a revolving circle type deal. It will help you out also.