Thread: what works best banner ads or text ads

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'

what works best banner ads or text ads

i was reading a post on another gay webmaster board where people were talking about using texts to make sales instead of banners and i was wondering if text does work better or should i stick with using banner ads like i have been

do you think it would be a good idea to try a site with no banners on it at all and just using text to try to make sales?

Rich;

I'm a big supporter of using both on a site. I read and it is so true, that most of your surfers have seen so many banner ads, that in the sub-conscious of the mind they already know they are there and slide over them...however when you add good text around them, then the mind stops to read your text and take in the actual banner that it is surrounding

Just my 2cents!
    :pinkylove:Sex is like air, you don't notice you need it until you don't have any!:pinkylove:

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    It's worth trying - tho I've found the combination of visual and text still works best.

The text draws the sale tho - banners without text are weaker than text alone.

I like a mix - a few strong large lines of text with a clear 'call to action', often at the bottom of the page, with banners or graphics with text links attached to them to provide a visual stimulus somewhere else on the page.

i always make more sales with text than with banners.

that being said, a banner with text directly under it can be even more potent, but keep in mind that it has to be a GOOD banner and good text. lousy banners or boring text don't make clicks or sales

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    it has to be a GOOD banner and good text. lousy banners or boring text don't make clicks or sales
    very good point!
    :pinkylove:Sex is like air, you don't notice you need it until you don't have any!:pinkylove:

i think mixing text and banners gives you the best results....write up some really juicy text and put it in a different spot on your gallery / freesite / etc and you may be pleasantly surprised at the results.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com