Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creation of pirvate forum on GWW

Creation of pirvate forum on GWW

With all the content thieves reading the boards, along with people on the wrong side of the industry, I was wondering if it would be possible to create a private RSVP area of the board where we could talk securely and not share data with others that could use it against the industry.

Is this possible?

If not I think it's the time in our industry where we should just discuss important things via ICQ and not leave them for public view. What do you think?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    How would the decision be made on who could access this information?

Regards,

Lee

By us. We all know each other and how long we've been in the industry, where we stand, what we're up against.

We can send out invites to all producers we know as well.

Maybe the industry has evolved to the point of sensitive information being posted in public on boards is a liability, not a help to the community?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    How would the decision be made on who could access this information?

Regards,

Lee

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    By us. We all know each other and how long we've been in the industry, where we stand, what we're up against.

We can send out invites to all producers we know as well.

Maybe the industry has evolved to the point of sensitive information being posted in public on boards is a liability, not a help to the community?
    Then what happens when one of 'us' does something wrong, do they get thrown off the island?

Who says what is wrong/right when it comes to the information being shared on this private forum?

Dont take offence at this, but there are people that YOU do business with that i wouldnt want to have anything to do with, just as i am sure there are people that I do business with you wouldnt want anything to do with.

Why create an exclusionary part of GWW, if you are concerned about posting something 'sensitive' on a public forum, dont post it.

I dont really see what sensitive information could be posted to be honest with you that could be a liability, just on GWW. If someone is going to post something, it wont just be posted on GWW so having a private forum just for this isnt going to make much of a difference, that information is still going to find its way out in to the great world wide web.

Regards,

Lee

Then what happens when one of 'us' does something wrong, do they get thrown off the island?
    Shitttt .... I can't swim!!!

Seriously, I have to agree here with Lee and say that if you don't want certain sensitive information to go out on the net, don't put it there to begin with. Use the PM, skype or icq services, or create a password protected temporary chat room and invite those you want to discuss the issue with would be my recommendation.

I see what you're saying. It's the same mentality we've had all these years and it's being used against us now.

Not linking to pirate sites isn't going to stop them from reading the boards and adapting.

On the other hand, most producers don't post on boards anymore, we ICQ and talk on the phone but I thought it would be nice to have a private area where multiple lines of communication could be going on at once.

I guess it was a bad idea and could easily turn into pissing contests and turf wars but just trying to come up with better solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

Who says what is wrong/right when it comes to the information being shared on this private forum?

Dont take offence at this, but there are people that YOU do business with that i wouldnt want to have anything to do with, just as i am sure there are people that I do business with you wouldnt want anything to do with.

Why create an exclusionary part of GWW, if you are concerned about posting something 'sensitive' on a public forum, dont post it.

I dont really see what sensitive information could be posted to be honest with you that could be a liability, just on GWW. If someone is going to post something, it wont just be posted on GWW so having a private forum just for this isnt going to make much of a difference, that information is still going to find its way out in to the great world wide web.

Regards,

Lee

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    one word, polygraph

everyone takes it before going in the secured area, and re-takes it every so often. Fail and get kicked of the island :luke:

How bout a truth serum chair interview done in the nude?

That way we could film the interview and use it as content on a new site where all members split the profits :bunny:

Quote Originally Posted by jIgG View Post
    one word, polygraph

everyone takes it before going in the secured area, and re-takes it every so often. Fail and get kicked of the island :luke:

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    The idea of 'behind closed doors' is one of elitism, and not practicle. While so called 'producers' can share information, it is the surfer who generally provides the first news of content thieves, not the producer. By hiding behind closed doors, you exclude the very people who provide the needed information in the first place.

What is shared on an open forum is up to the poster. Restricting url's makes more sense than private boys club forums, and actually does more to harm them, than nit picking in private would do.

And who do you exclude & include. Thieves steal your videos, your images, your text, design, and tricks. Kind of means anyone who is in the webmaster game, is somehow impacted, and worthy of inclusion.

my 2 cents.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    what he sais...

... hmm.... why don't the siteowners like fratmen, seancody, blakemason and such who truely have unique content have a "report abuse" link on their site that somebody can use to report content theaft... that site can in turn have a look at it and notify other producers they know via email or PM in the forums

a closed and private forum would be great but as the others stated... who is to be let in and who not and when to exclude somebody...
    :-D

Awesome idea Develish! thank you

I will implement that on my new site designs coming out next month and I'll communicate that to other producers.

It's so easy to get stuck in a mental rut when dealing with an issue

Quote Originally Posted by DEVELISH View Post
    ... hmm.... why don't the siteowners like fratmen, seancody, blakemason and such who truely have unique content have a "report abuse" link on their site that somebody can use to report content theaft... that site can in turn have a look at it and notify other producers they know via email or PM in the forums

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

yeah I totally get what you're saying

Obviously I'm not coming from an elitist perspective, just wanting a private place to talk in a forum environment about actions to help the industry and make us stronger.

It's not a big deal, I'm just publicly brainstorming and I think Develish's idea is a great start to gathering sites to send take down notices, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman View Post
    The idea of 'behind closed doors' is one of elitism, and not practicle. While so called 'producers' can share information, it is the surfer who generally provides the first news of content thieves, not the producer. By hiding behind closed doors, you exclude the very people who provide the needed information in the first place.

What is shared on an open forum is up to the poster. Restricting url's makes more sense than private boys club forums, and actually does more to harm them, than nit picking in private would do.

And who do you exclude & include. Thieves steal your videos, your images, your text, design, and tricks. Kind of means anyone who is in the webmaster game, is somehow impacted, and worthy of inclusion.

my 2 cents.

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

It's not a big deal, I'm just publicly brainstorming and I think Develish's idea is a great start to gathering sites to send take down notices, etc.
    Once our DMCA Tracker service is launched fully there will be some basic 'public' and some not-so 'public' reports available to registered users of the service that will actually show the currently active sites that have been sent DMCA notices in the last day, week, month, etc.

This toplist will also have a lot more information for paid users on the system, including if the notices were honored or not, how many notices in total each site has ever been sent and a wide range of other informative details.

Might be worth while joining the service as a 'free' member just to get the basic details when it launches

Regards,

Lee

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Awesome idea Develish! thank you
    Awww... I'd always serve you, dear
    :-D

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Inherently, I think Squirt's idea, if focused specifically on, for example, piracy, is a good one. Some of the pirate blogs are getting more sophisticated and are joining boards like this one so they have a heads up when content theft is reported.

If there were a means of communicating about piracy that content producers known to the community could access, I think it would be a good thing. But other than that, I do think it would tend to become "elitist"