Thread: Do We Need To Start Locking Old Threads?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Do We Need To Start Locking Old Threads?

Just lately i have been noticing a lot of the older threads on the GWW Community getting bumped back up to the first page, some of these threads are over 12 months old.

I really dont want to have to start locking threads older then 12 months because sometimes they do still contain pertinent information that many are looking for however, id also like to make sure that rather than bumping older threads, if GWW Community members are looking for information that may have already been discussed, just have a read of the older threads and if there is something that you need to ask that has not been addressed inside one of those threads, there is nothing stopping you from creating a brand new thread.

We actually have several topics that have been discussed across a wide range of threads on the GWW Community so that in itself is proof enough that people do not mind helping out when it comes to business discussions, even if they have already been talked about in some detail.

Please try not to bump older threads on the GWW Community with single line posts, that are not asking for further discussion of the topic at hand, not only does it make it look like you are just trying to increase your post count but, it could have a knock-on effect whereby established community members who have been very willing to share information in the past, stop reading old threads, even if there have been further questions asked in them, that individuals might want help with.

Please help us in helping you by trying as much as possible to avoid bumping threads over 12 months old unless you absolutely have something genuine to add to these topics that others can benefit from.

It helps everyone if we try to remain on track when it comes to displaying the latest business information on the first few pages of discussions on the GWW Community and bumping old threads does not help anyone when it comes to this as more often than not, a lot of information contained in them may be out-dated and actually do warrant entirely new threads being started about them.

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I would guess, but am not sure, that it's mostly newbies or forum spammers doing this.

Perhaps there's a VBulletin hack that can prevent posting to threads older than x months by someone with less than y post count? I think that would be a better solution than simply closing old threads.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    I would guess, but am not sure, that it's mostly newbies or forum spammers doing this.

Perhaps there's a VBulletin hack that can prevent posting to threads older than x months by someone with less than y post count? I think that would be a better solution than simply closing old threads.
    Thats what im thinking about installing, already found the hack to do this but its not ideal because like i said, sometimes older threads do get bumped for legitimate reasons.

Regards,

Lee