Thread: What 2257 compliance software do you use?

How long have you been gay?

What 2257 compliance software do you use?

And does anyone know of any good FREE software I could use? Could I just make a database from Microsoft Access? Thanks.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Just create a database with Access, thats all we do and it works great so far.

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I don't know of anything that's free that's worth having. There is one on sourceforge or freshmeat that's specifically for 2257, but I remember looking at it and not being impressed.

You can do it in Access and I know of one producer doing it in Excel, but if you want to be fully compliiant, you'll need all your cross referencing and that's where, unless you're really good at Access, it get complicated.

We ended up writing our own specs for a PHP-based application which handles all of it, but it was quite a clusterfuck getting it to the point we feel comfortable with it. I think it's probably easier if you're only a web based company or only a DVD studio; having both just complicates things.

I'm not gay; I'm British! cezam's Avatar
    we wrote our own php based app. as pointed out above there's a free app on freshmeat but i didn't like it.

50-60% revshare
    E-mail cezam@dannyrayonline.com // icq 353-235-249

How long have you been gay?

I guess no one has a tutorial

for how to create a 2257 compliant database using Access, would they? :drunk:

Quote Originally Posted by bboy121 View Post
    for how to create a 2257 compliant database using Access, would they? :drunk:
    Writing a tutorial on how to do it would be almost the same as doing it. In fact, one of the commercial apps that used to be out there (and has now disappeared) was an Access app

I like cocks better than you!
    We use excel.

For our record keeping, we have a file cabinet per item.
    Meaning:

File Cabinet A:
    2257 by DVD

File Cabinet B:
    2257 by Stage Name

File Cabinet C:
    2257 by Real Name (This is the master cabinet).

In each file cabinet, there is a pull out drawer. There is a "packet" that sits in the drawer. It gives a complete run-down of what film each model was in, when the DVD was produced, and the dates that model filmed for us.

GWW Community Member
    I'm not hiring models yet so this might be a dumb question, but why couldn't you just create a separate column in one Excel doc for all the information (real name, stage name, birthdate, video title, etc.) then using the "sort" feature in Excel call up whatever details you need?

Quote Originally Posted by derekt View Post
    We use excel.

For our record keeping, we have a file cabinet per item.
    Meaning:

File Cabinet A:
    2257 by DVD

File Cabinet B:
    2257 by Stage Name

File Cabinet C:
    2257 by Real Name (This is the master cabinet).

In each file cabinet, there is a pull out drawer. There is a "packet" that sits in the drawer. It gives a complete run-down of what film each model was in, when the DVD was produced, and the dates that model filmed for us.
    What do you do about cross references for your membership and other websites?

We use Excel.
    It displays just like a regular model index file. Except there's an additional row, that shows a link to that page where the model is.
    For the image galleries - same thing.

That makes sense. We've talked to several people who keep everything electronic, but actually print out the records so that if Justice comes, they are looking at paper files rather than paging through a computer file that gives them potentially more than they need..

We do both just for that reason.
    In the event they should come in the future... If you show them electronic documents whether it be a file or scan of the model release they "CAN" take that piece of equipment with them whether it's an external hard drive or computer. Where as with paper documents, they "CAN" take that with them as well and it wouldn't be much of a loss.
    So we do electronic for OUR records.
    We do paper filings for THEIR records.

Not only that but I believe it's good to keep both an electronic as well as paper documents.

Also, not to mention... We keep a data DVD of the electronic documents in a safety deposit box at the bank as well as a second copy is kept with our lawyers. We do this for safety measures more so than legal measures.

If you think about it, should a fire or any kind of disaster hit the records, your wiped out. You have to pull all of your videos if you do not have records. So we keep numerous backups.

[QUOTE=derekt;246264

If you think about it, should a fire or any kind of disaster hit the records, your wiped out. You have to pull all of your videos if you do not have records. So we keep numerous backups.[/QUOTE]

It surprises me how many stories I hear of people that don't even have photocopies or off-site backups. We have copies in several places, and our 2257 database is web accessible (to us only, obviously), so it also exists in multiple locations.

Witness the Bryan Kocis situation; the last I heard, none of the 2257 docs for any of the Cobra content still exists, because it was all destroyed in the fire, or if it there were copies stored elsewhere, no one knows where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Witness the Bryan Kocis situation; the last I heard, none of the 2257 docs for any of the Cobra content still exists, because it was all destroyed in the fire, or if it there were copies stored elsewhere, no one knows where they are.
    Yes, that's why I always suggest that you keep a back up somewhere.