Thread: Input on piracy page please

Input on piracy page please

Some of you know that I've been working the last few weeks on a new design for my Squirtit.com site. I've decided to put up a page for members to report piracy of my content.

I've been working on it so long that I'm sort of out of my head on it and need any objective opinions you can give. Thank you :thumbsup:

CLICK HERE to see full size
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

It looks fine to me, but where did you get the pic of the pirate? It would be bitter, bitter irony if it was taken from a costume company's website,

(if it happens to be one of your models, then kudos to you! You need to have that guy kick down somebody's door and yell "Avast, ye scurvy bitches!")
    Jacob Stiver
    E-Mail: drchango2010@gmail.com
    ICQ#: 388847435

Yeah I've paid for royalty free use of the pirate image so no bitter irony. Thanks for you input I appreciate it.

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Still think you should make a gay pirate-themed vid...you could even do a parody of Pirates II...it would be four kinds of avant garde :sunny:
    Jacob Stiver
    E-Mail: drchango2010@gmail.com
    ICQ#: 388847435

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    , I wasn't going to say anything but I did find that pirate picture familiar , I think last year when I was looking at costume ideas.
    I think the picture is nice but ( you knew it was coming! ) maybe something like a group of guys ( one seated ) in front of a computer dressed as pirates might make it appear more "modern day"? ( interpreted: I'd also like to see a pirate flag "ghosted" into the background , the box changed into the side of a "treasure chest" , and... just kidding I know you worked hard on it , hopefully it works for you! :thumbsup: )

jim

Thanks for your input Jim!

Keep it coming guys I appreciate it

I was trying to be a little campy and "nice" with the text and pirate image. I don't know if it goes to far into the "unprofessional" realm or not.

I could always just have a box on the page with straight forward text asking for links to pirated content. I dunno

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I don't think it's even remotely unprofessional. I think it's clever and maybe a little campy, and will let people know that you understand the desire to share content but are trying to make a living.

I do like Jim's idea... maybe down the road you could shoot a image like that, I think people would love it!

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    I think your anti-piracy page is clever. I especially like that you have text there about not wanting to hurt anyone, just want to remove the stolen content. Some surfers/members might hesitate about getting someone into serious trouble so that should make them more comfortable reporting the links.

On a side note, I was looking at your webmasters/affiliate page. Something jumped out at me that you may wish to consider:

More changes will occur over the course of 2005...

At first glance I thought "nobody has updated this site in 4 years?" but then realized you're obviously still hard at work since you just implemented the anti-piracy page. 2005 news is rather old news, it might work better to reword that a bit.

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    it looks good to me