Thread: CCBILL Drama Queen

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. jeremyroddick's Avatar

CCBILL Drama Queen

I am wondering if I am the only who is not satisfied with CCBILL recently. I mean they tried to fix their obsolete help pages by getting these live person helping you. But I only had trouble with that so far.

CASE#1
    January 20th. Preparing a new promotion for my affiliates for a 75% commission for the month of February. Buying advertisement for the promo. Contacting CCBILL Live Help to know the best way to set the commission to 75% for the month. Proceed as mentionned.

February 2st. Promo not active yet. Contact them again. What I've been told on the 20th was wrong. Change it to their alternatives.

February 5th. Still not working. Contact them again. It seems that there is a bug on their system and that they will fix that.

February 9th. After few tests it seems to be working. YAY!

March 9th. One day before the promo ends, I contact them to know what would be the best way to set my affiliates back to the original 50% commission. They simply told me to remove them from the affiliate grouping they made me do. Which I did. Now no affiliates are grouped. Empty. Should be working.

March 12th TODAY. Affiliates are still getting 75%. Contact CCBILL, requesting to talk to a supervisor. Not granted. Again, they told me that there is a bug and that they will fix it on their side.

CASE#2
    I was in L.A. for the XBIZ awards in february. I couldnt get a hold of any CCBILL rep there. I wanted to take an appointment with them. Went on the live chat and talked to one of their online rep so they ask to their rep at the XBIZ to contact me. Gave my email adress, phone number. Nobody ever contacted me.

So, my question is, do you have any bad experience with CCBILL. Bugs? Problem with customer service? What should I do with the advertisement I paid and was useless due to their "bug". What should I do with the days affiliates got 75% when they should have received 50%?
    Jeremy Roddick - www.bonobocash.com - ICQ: 375661750 - 1-877-824-7561 ext. 707
    Videoboys.com | Squirtz.com | JeremyRoddick.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Why didnt you just raise your payouts in Webadmin to 75% for the promo? Would seem like the logical thing to do as it was a promo for all your affiliates, it takes all of 30 seconds to do once you are logged in.

Affiliates will always be paid 75% for sales they generated during the promo period on rebills so that is possibly why you are still seeing some getting credited with 75% - Because they are rebills.

Personally, i have never had a problem getting hold of anyone at CCBill.

Regards,

Lee

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. jeremyroddick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Why didnt you just raise your payouts in Webadmin to 75% for the promo?
    That is exactly what I have been told on January 20th. And it made sense. Then the day before setting it up I just went for a chat with them and they told me not to do it that way because it could be problematic on the long run (did'nt asked much questions) and they recommended to set affiliate groups at 75% and keeping my base at 50%. So when the promo is over I simply have to remove the affiliates from the 75% group and they would go back to the original 50% base.
    Jeremy Roddick - www.bonobocash.com - ICQ: 375661750 - 1-877-824-7561 ext. 707
    Videoboys.com | Squirtz.com | JeremyRoddick.com

I'm not gay; I'm British! cezam's Avatar
    I personally haven't had any bad experience with CCBill, and as Lee pointed out raising payouts is easy to do once you know how. But I would be confused too if the support told me to do it another way.

What I absolutely hate about CCBill though is their admin area. Am I the only one who thinks it's fugly, way complicated and slow???

50-60% revshare
    E-mail cezam@dannyrayonline.com // icq 353-235-249

Wow! - sorry about the hassle. I was at XBIZ, at all of the events and most of the seminars - sorry we did not meet.

Sounds like some internal communications issues - and the live chat is supposed to help. Thanks for the heads up. I will have someone contact you to resolve this.

I have to agree that our old online help section is not that great, but that is why we have a fairly new Client Support Center - check it out. - It now has video training, a knowledgebase, and a ton of manuals.

PLUS - Keep my information on hand if you run into this again - gary at ccbill.com.
    Gary
    CCBill

Quote Originally Posted by cezam View Post
    I personally haven't had any bad experience with CCBill, and as Lee pointed out raising payouts is easy to do once you know how. But I would be confused too if the support told me to do it another way.

What I absolutely hate about CCBill though is their admin area. Am I the only one who thinks it's fugly, way complicated and slow???
    Ha - good timing - we are in beta right now on the new admin skin...want to be in the beta?
    Gary
    CCBill

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I went to sign up to be an affiliate of your site(s) on your page http://toolbox.bonobocash.com/ , and I was rather taken aback that you ask us for not only our CCBill affiliate number, but also our CCBIll user/pass ! ( http://toolbox.bonobocash.com/page/gettingstarted )!

I think I'll try to get the linking codes direct from CCBill.

The download advertising link does not have even one generic banner for each site. Just vidcaps from movies.

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Yes, because I have underutilized CCBill because of the clumsiness of the admin site, and it also doesn't work (well/at all) in Safari either.

Quote Originally Posted by ccjax View Post
    Ha - good timing - we are in beta right now on the new admin skin...want to be in the beta?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    I went to sign up to be an affiliate of your site(s) on your page http://toolbox.bonobocash.com/ , and I was rather taken aback that you ask us for not only our CCBill affiliate number, but also our CCBIll user/pass ! ( http://toolbox.bonobocash.com/page/gettingstarted )!
    If you look at the source for that page, you'll see that where it's asking for login/pass, it's actually logging in directly to the ccbill admin, they aren't capturing -- or even seeing -- the info you type, they just made the login look pretty

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.
    Yes, because I have underutilized CCBill because of the clumsiness of the admin site, and it also doesn't work (well/at all) in Safari either.

I found that Safari issue to occur for about 5 months. But according to Apple it was in version of Safari that they considered 'beta' (even though I don't think it was). I use Safari to access my CCBill admin several times each day with no issue. I just recently moved over to the beat version of Safari 4 and have no issues there either. Give it another shot on Safari. I'm sure you have all your browser updates.

Nick - I wish we could put you on the beta as well - but right now, only clients are on it - and affiliates are next...
    You have been added to the list!
    Gary
    CCBill

Annoying - Software Update just said my Comp is up to date - yet my Safari is 3.2.1!

I'll look into this manually after dinner.

I have a new program to join as an affiliate!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Manifest_M View Post
    I just recently moved over to the beat version of Safari 4 and have no issues there either. Give it another shot on Safari. I'm sure you have all your browser updates.

I installed Safari 4 manually.

I can get logged in, but all of the menu items under Reports come up with blank pages.

I go to Firefox and I can see what I am supports to see under Reports > .

Fairly frustrating that in 2009, web pages don't work with all browsers. Certainly something webmasters looking to make sales worldwide, would be concerned about.

OS X 10.5.6, Safari 4 fresh download and install.

I have a high payout threshold, because Wires are so expensive. Can't waiting until free ACH is implemented.