Thread: Does customer care about iPod/iPhone/HD download?

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. jeremyroddick's Avatar

Does customer care about iPod/iPhone/HD download?

I'm in the midst of revisiting my video offer. I am wondering if iPod/iPhone download is something customer really care about or if it's still considered as a gadget. If I should really consider it and if it will have an impact, interest on a customer point of view. Same with HD format?
    Jeremy Roddick - www.bonobocash.com - ICQ: 375661750 - 1-877-824-7561 ext. 707
    Videoboys.com | Squirtz.com | JeremyRoddick.com

I like cocks better than you!
    HD Format is very well liked by the online consumer base. I suggest doing anything with HD.

Ipod, all I can base facts on is by our sales.
    With one site (Clips.com) we offer videos in:
    MPG, WMV, Quicktime, and Ipod.

We've only ever had 1 download.

With several other sources, we have never sold anything IPOD related.

We did have a partnership with BCS Mobile in 2004-2007. It was actively promoted. Basicly, the site was similar to AEBN's mobile streaming solution. The consumer bought a package of minutes or tokens, the consumer could stream the videos by a ppm module or could buy tokens to download them. It didn't do so hot. In fact with all of the involved technology that went into it the site wasn't earning enough revenue. So after nearly 2 and a half years of operation, we shut it down.

I do know that someone did tell me once that if a video is a wmv or real player - a most common format, it could be used on the IPOD.

I wouldn't put your focus on IPOD, I would focus more on other downloads or streaming products.

We run three mobile sites, and though it can be time consuming, all you have to do is convert your content into MP4 and it will spiffy on the iPhone, PSP, iPod variants, the Zune, and most high-end mobiles.

Our sites have converted pretty and since the content was stuff already shot for other sites we just switched-up the format on, it's rather cost-effective.
    Jacob Stiver
    E-Mail: drchango2010@gmail.com
    ICQ#: 388847435

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Mobile content, in my opinion, is just a way for companies to offer another 'feature' despite the fact that most users of mobile devices can already find regular content and use it on those same devices.

In addition, it also allows the companies promoting their '3GP' content on its own exclusive delivery property, giving them a broader market audience.

For all intents and purposes, unless you are specifically getting requests for this type of content, i really wouldnt worry about it, the mobile bus when it comes to content delivery left the station many years ago and if you arent part of it already, the part of the journey you are going to experience isnt really going to be worth the effort of catching up with that missed bus.

Regards,

Lee

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    i dont know why anybody could jack off to a video or pic the size of a postage stamp

CamCruise
    We are seeing more hits by iPhone. So we are making our site more iPhone friendly.

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. jeremyroddick's Avatar
    Well I like the fact that you can plug your ipod to your TV and watch it from there. But I don't think I would wank with my iPod in one hand and my cock in the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    i dont know why anybody could jack off to a video or pic the size of a postage stamp
    Jeremy Roddick - www.bonobocash.com - ICQ: 375661750 - 1-877-824-7561 ext. 707
    Videoboys.com | Squirtz.com | JeremyRoddick.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyroddick View Post
    Well I like the fact that you can plug your ipod to your TV and watch it from there.
    They already have something that can do that without an iPod, its called a 'DVD Player' i beleive every home currently has one

Regards,

Lee

when looking at HD vs non HD video, you will easily see why people prefer HD. If you are doing any new content now, make it HD.

As for iphone format, its an emerging market filled with guys that have enough money to buy an iphone on a premium priced package....its definitely worth getting into, but it should not be your main market yet.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com