Thread: should i advertise in classified ads

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'

should i advertise in classified ads

i have been contacted by a magazine to advertise my website in them and was told that i can use classified ads in the back of the magazine to send people to my website to make sales do you think this is something i should try to get traffic the guy i spoke with said that cybersocket has a bunch of classified ads that were working really well and that it was cheaper than buying google traffic so im thinking it might be a really good idea

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    In Cybersocket? Id suggest you run as quickly as you can in the opposite direction to they are in

Regards,

Lee

I'm not gay; I'm British! cezam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    In Cybersocket? Id suggest you run as quickly as you can in the opposite direction to they are in
    Can you tell us more please?

50-60% revshare
    E-mail cezam@dannyrayonline.com // icq 353-235-249

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Classifieds can be a good source of traffic for very little money. I would suggest using Unzipped Magazine, which is a paid subscription, rather than Cybersocket which is free and cannot prove distribution.

Bill

BUT... print to web can be very hard and conversion rates tend to be a bit lower.

I would agree with Bill that a mag with proven distribution is better.

I would also add that you should create a very simple tracking code that readers can use in the ad so that you can track sales properly.

yoursite.com/class

Something easy to remember and easy to type.
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    thank you for the advice

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN. GayTubeSimon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    i have been contacted by a magazine to advertise my website in them and was told that i can use classified ads in the back of the magazine to send people to my website to make sales do you think this is something i should try to get traffic the guy i spoke with said that cybersocket has a bunch of classified ads that were working really well and that it was cheaper than buying google traffic so im thinking it might be a really good idea
    I think that Mary's idea about the tracking code is a great one, as print would otherwise be hard to track in terms of it's effectiveness.

Also pretty much every big city has at least one free scene publication (I call them fag-rags hehe) that you can likely get cheap advertising in - I think that many of these reach more people than other publications, which can be a bit industry-centred.