Thread: Domain Privacy - Yes Or No?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Domain Privacy - Yes Or No?

We used to get domain privacy protection when registering enough new domain names through GoDaddy to get it for free a few years ago but ultimately decided that it wasnt really worth having as we did nothing as a company that meant our details needed to be 'private'.

Do any of you folks actually still use whois privacy services offered by your domain name registrars and if so, for what reason? I know a few people tell me they use it because they dont want their home addresses being available publicly for anyone who uses the whois database but it would seem that now the 2257 regulations have been re-written, this information legally has to be made available on your sites if you are using your home as your place of business anyway.

So do you use whois provacy protection on domain names you own?

Regards,

Lee

I'm not gay; I'm British! cezam's Avatar
    I use privacy just on those domains that I don't want associated with me for various reasons (nothing illegal of course), it's about ten domains out of 100+ I own so really just a few.

It's pretty easy for anyone to go to domaintools.com, pay a little fee and find all domains you own just by searching for your name or company.

50-60% revshare
    E-mail cezam@dannyrayonline.com // icq 353-235-249

I like cocks better than you!
    Yes and No...

Yes - Sites that do not sell anything such as memberships or products. Visa does not allow Private Registration.

No - On membership sites that sell tangible goods or memberships (as stated above).