Thread: Names That Sound 'Honest'?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Names That Sound 'Honest'?

I was wondering if you folks had any suggestions for male/female names that actually sound 'honest' in terms of ficitional first names that could be used on a review site?

For example, 'Adam' which i use for http://www.adamsreviews.com our hosted review site on Condom Cash.

What other names would you consider honest sounding when it comes to things like reviews if you were reading them as a surfer?

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay?

Heres A Thought What's In a Name

This is an area of interest for me... lots of people don't realize the power in something as seemingly simple as a name. I'm always amazed at how little thought is put into choosing names. Marketing 101... how are people going to respond to the "name."

There's actually a lot of science and research behind the effectiveness of a name as it relates to marketing and Brand Identity. I've always put a lot of effort into this when choosing domain names etc.

Male names are easier. "Hard" sounding names are more impactful... meaning those with hard vowel sounds... Tony, Mikey (think Brands Sony, and Nike)

Also, assonance and alliteration are important as well... how the name rolls off the tongue is directly related to a person's retention of the name.

Adam is a soft name, however it's also non threatening and generic. In that sense it does convey a level of "trust" I guess. It all depends on your audience and what you're presenting.

This is probably a little more than you were looking for LOL Like I said, it's just my thing :cheekymonkey:

I would suggest googling "baby names" that's the easiest way to get names, their meanings... and maybe spark some ideas.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by CatmanLA View Post
    lots of people don't realize the power in something as seemingly simple as a name.
    Agreed and not just a name, a color, a single word, an image.

Marketing is as much about phsycology as it is actually selling a products features and benefits, often this is forgotten because many beleive the most important aspect of any marketing campaign is something that 'looks' good when in reality, looks play very little in an overall marketing campaign, its about how a message is put across, the wording used, etc, etc...

Regards,

Lee

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    i think rich sounds honest