Thread: WTF?!? Why Dont Companies Honor Remove Requests?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

WTF?!? Why Dont Companies Honor Remove Requests?

Ive had an issue with one company (Im not going to mention their name as it wouldnt be fair to Cybersocket) for the last few years trying to get several of my emails removed from their database, i have tried unsubscribing using the links the occasionally include in their mailouts even had the owner call me out on a board before saying he would remove my address yet still, im getting their email bullshit.

Doesnt California have some kind of law where i can sue a company that continually sends spam email out? I seem to recall reading something about that a year or two back.

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    (Im not going to mention their name as it wouldnt be fair to Cybersocket)
    LOLOLOL!!!!!

I like cocks better than you!
    I gotta say something. I can't hold back.

I spoke to a reputable processor that processes for membership site sites. And I mentioned their ads in the publication and just how great they look. Speaking friendly as I call it.
    This is a full page ad we're talking about in the publication.
    I said, "just out of curiosity, how much is a full page ad with Cybersocket."
    The credit card processor said, "We don't pay to run ads in Cybersocket. They run them for us. We do no paid advertising with them. We did not even know there were full page ads running in every publication until recently when we pumped into a stack of old ones."
    I didn't go into detail with them. I just found this very interesting.
    Seems as if Morgan is having a couple beers again, looking at his figures and says we gotta do something to chum up to big companies.

Just thought I'd share this.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    For those who weren't around at the time, the story goes that Epoch was stupid enough to pay Cybersocket $100,000 or some huge sum a couple years ago when they wanted to make a big splash in the gay marketplace, under the misguided notion that Cybersocket could enhance their reputation among gay webmasters and bring Epoch business.

Cybersocket's method of enhancing Epoch's reputation was allegedly to pressure AVN to schedule their competing gay show directly against the time the Gay Phoenix Forum was scheduled, and set up Epoch as the exclusive sponsor of the event, and encourage key sponsors to go to CCBill and tell them they wouldn't sponsor GPF, thereby forcing cancellation of GPF... and preventing CCBill from being able to sponsor the one remaining event.

I don't think Epoch had any idea of the shady stuff going on, but the result was a huge backlash against Epoch by gay webmasters, which was the complete opposite of what Cybersocket was to have provided. Epoch, probably realizing that the whole thing was a huge clusterfuck, eventually gave up the exclusivity they'd presumably paid extra for, and considerably toned down their presence at the event, allowing CCBill to also sponsor and contribute, AVN came away with a pretty big black eye as well, and that was, I think, the beginning of many people realizing just exactly what Cybersocket really was.

Assuming Epoch is the processor with the free ads in Cybersocket, I could easily see that perhaps Cybersocket is trying to win favor again with Epoch.

I should hope that Epoch would see through that.

That's intense. :eek:

How long have you been gay?
    I completely understand your aversion to junk mail. I receive countless junk e-mails daily to my Cybersocket e-mail account. If you don't wish to receive our newsletters I invite you to click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of said e-mail. We do not automatically sign up ANYONE to our e-mail list. We have a Double Opt-In procedure for signing up. If you do not wish to join, you simply do not have to confirm when an "Confirmation Request" e-mail is sent to you.

When someone RSVP's to our parties or Awards, we do send an invitation to join our e-mail list. We DO NOT automatically add anyone without their permission. Only when someone clicks the "Yes" option are they added to our e-mail list.

I apologize for any inconvenience this experience has afforded you.

All of my best,

!Dina Martinez!
    Cybersocket.com
    http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_rules

Lol Lies!

in the past few days, i've received over 500 emails from cybersocket with the title "A Special Offer from SEO Haus". a few hours ago i wrote to webmaster AT cybersocket DOT com but the emails are still coming. you might want to take a closer look at your bulk mailing program...

Quote Originally Posted by gaygreenbacks View Post
    I completely understand your aversion to junk mail. I receive countless junk e-mails daily to my Cybersocket e-mail account. If you don't wish to receive our newsletters I invite you to click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of said e-mail. We do not automatically sign up ANYONE to our e-mail list. We have a Double Opt-In procedure for signing up. If you do not wish to join, you simply do not have to confirm when an "Confirmation Request" e-mail is sent to you.

When someone RSVP's to our parties or Awards, we do send an invitation to join our e-mail list. We DO NOT automatically add anyone without their permission. Only when someone clicks the "Yes" option are they added to our e-mail list.

I apologize for any inconvenience this experience has afforded you.

All of my best,

!Dina Martinez!
    Cybersocket.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    in the past few days, i've received over 500 emails from cybersocket with the title "A Special Offer from SEO Haus". a few hours ago i wrote to webmaster AT cybersocket DOT com but the emails are still coming. you might want to take a closer look at your bulk mailing program...
    Pfft...

Stop causing drama, you know you 'opted in' 500 times to get those emails LOL

Regards,

Lee

The problem is, when you unsubscribe to their emails, it seems to re-add you.
    Again, it's Cybersocket we're talking about. :boring: