Thread: Any lawyers offering 2257 record keeping service?

GWW Community Member

Any lawyers offering 2257 record keeping service?

So are any lawyers offering 2257 record keeping services now that the law allows that?

This is the latest news I've heard about 2257 3rd party records keeping: http://www.xbiz.com/news/105248

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Chad was at one point talking about being a records custodian. I haven't talked to him about it in a while, maybe this would be a good time to do so

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Maybe :-)

I have been doing it but so far only with producers who have low volume (few updates to their records each month) and prove to me their system works and provide me with complete copies of all records. Oh, and write me a check every month~
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    i dont think i would trust anyone else even an attorny to look after my stuff if it is my ass going to be on the line should i need to get inspected i think this is something that i would prefer to do myself sorry better safe than arrested

GWW Community Member
    Thanks Bec for that Xbiz article. I think something in it made me realize why this change was made to the law. I was wondering if the adult industry lobbied for the record keeping change and now I wonder if maybe the government asked for it. If they can consolidate record keeping across the industry it would make it easier and more cost effective to do inspections, right?

This then made me wonder why the feds don't just require adult producers to send 2257 records directly to them, sort of how everyone does with taxes and the IRS. Has this idea ever been proposed?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    2257 Safe basically sounds like a system we already have in place with our custom CMS, it allows us to assign 2257 docs to any photo sets or movies we add to the database and as the image/movie locations never change (they are always pulled from our CMS domain) the documents are also located inside the directory full of content.

The only problem i would say with such a system is if it suffered a catastrophic drive failure but then you would hope the hosting company had a backup on hand anyway.

I much prefer to keep control of legal stuff like this myself based on our attorneys recommendations rather than relying on someone else third-party, chinese whisper version of their interpretation of the law.

As Rich mentioned above, better safe than Bubbas cell mate if the Feds ever did come knocking.

Regards,

Lee