Thread: Does This Happen To Anyone Else?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Does This Happen To Anyone Else?

You start searching for some new domains, write them down to register a day or so later, when you go to register them you find that since you searched for them and they were available and the time you go to register them, that they are no longer free to register?

This seems to happen a lot to me just lately and we're only talking at the most a day or two between finding a domain and actually going to register it.

Im not sure if the company i use for bulk domain searches is trying to domain taste or if im just unlucky but a yesterday i had a list of 30 domains all were available and today that list of domains, only 10 are free and they are arguably the crappy ones from the 30 i had in my mind.

Does this happen to anyone else or am i just unlucky?

Regards,

Lee

about two months ago management was hunting for some new domain names and the same thing was happening because one of the machines they were checking from didn't have a secure connection to company they were using for the search. Some techsavvy and decidedly nefarious individuals can and do "eavesdrop" on people checking for domain name availability, snatch up the domains in question, and hope that person really wants the domain bad enough to pay an exorbitant fee for it.
    Jacob Stiver
    E-Mail: drchango2010@gmail.com
    ICQ#: 388847435

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    not really but i always search good domain names only to see they are already registered but do not have any sites on them just some crappy holding page that really annoys me because it is a waste of a domain name i think