Thread: When You Recommend Sites Or Services To Others...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? When You Recommend Sites Or Services To Others...

Why do you recommend them?

By that i mean, will you recommend a service or site, for example a hosting company, content provider or traffic broker/designer because you have used them or currently use them yourself and like the service or, do you recommend them because you feel some kind of obligation to do so?

For example, ill openly admit that most of the time if someone asks me about an affiliate program to join, ill typically suggest those programs who have advertised on GWW in the past (or presently) along with those programs i own myself or moderators own.

Likewise, when it comes to things like content providers, if i have purchased content from someone, HDK, Ounique, WWC, MaxPixels, etc ill typically suggest going to those providers first as i consider the people who own them or rep for them friends and ill gladly help them out whenever i can in getting new business.

When it comes to other stuff like hosting companies, designers or traffic brokers ill typically suggest people i have used over other companies even though i may not know enough about the products or services offered by others purely because the companies i suggest i am 'comfortable' doing business with.

When you suggest programs, sites or services to others, what do you base your recommendations on?

I actually think a lot of times people suggest certain companies to do business with because they are comfortable doing so or following the crowd rather than basing their suggestions on their own experiences, what do you think?

Regards,

Lee

i recommend programs/hosts/sites/designers/content brokers that i have used and are happy with. in the cases where someone is asking for further recommendations, or is asking for recommendations where there aren't many sites/people providing what they are looking for, i might recommend someone i haven't used, but i state that i haven't used them.