Thread: Do You Think Some Webmasters Go With The First Prices They Get?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Do You Think Some Webmasters Go With The First Prices They Get?

For example, when it comes to website design, hosting, etc, etc...

Im always seeing newer webmasters quoting unrealistic prices for things like tour design, hosting and it makes me wonder if these guys arent actually shopping around properly or if they are just being taken advantage of by the people they are going to because they are new?

For example, right now i have a designer that im working with who charges $400 for a reality style tour and an extra $120 for a whole slew of promo tools yet i am seeing people posting that they are getting paysite tours designed for $1000+ from designers that quite frankly, id never dream of using for my first paysite.

I remember when i launched Condom Cash 3 years ago, in total if the entire thing cost me over $3500 to get up and running that was a lot.

A new program im currently putting together, including 6 tours and a heap of promo tools isnt going to cost more than $5000 all-in so where do these webmasters come up with strange prices for their own sites?

I really want to beleive that they arent being taken advantage of which makes me think that these individuals arent actually shopping around and trying to find the best price or asking for discounts on stuff when they find it.

Your thoughts?

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I think that a lot of offshore designers are now trying to get much higher prices, and I do think that there are a lot of people who don't realize what the going rates were.

Somebody posted not long ago what a "great deal" they were getting paying 50 euro for a simple TGP gallery that should have cost 1/5 of that.

With all the competition (and with the US economy in the crapper) program owners -- or anyone with the money to hire anyone -- can negotiate hard on prices of practically everything. But a lot of people either don't realize that or aren't comfortable doing so.

it all depends on who I am ordering from and what I am ordering. You do have to pay more for quality work, but paying more does not necessarily equal better quality!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

blah blah blah...
    i never pay what they ask for at first and always as for a discount, but have to admit, i don't think i'm getting as good deals as you, lee care to share your designer?

and i think the thing with paying more is that on some level you think you're getting a better product. like i was going to work with a designer who was charging me $1/banner, but then i went with someone else who charged me around $10/banner thinking they would be better...not sure if they're better, but i'm happy with them and the price was still fair