Launching their first paysite?

I know a few guys who are currently working on putting their first paysite together at the moment, some of them have been around in the business for yearss whilst others have only been int he adult industry for a few months.

Despite my telling some of the newer individuals that they should probably wait a little while longer they still want to launch their first paysite.

This morning i was talking to a guy that told me he has spent over $10,000 on content in the last 3 months (some exclusive, some DVD content and some purchased images) to us in his paysite and when i told him that he shouldnt have spent that much right away he kind of got upset with me.

I dont think he realized that despite having the money to spend, it takes a lot more these days than having a nice selection of content to make a paysite successful.

That being said, how long do you think someone should wait before they launch their first paysite or do you think it is more a case of gettiing their skill sets homed rather than a length of time before launching a site?

As much as i hate to say it, i can see at least 2 of these guys wasting thousands upon thousands of dollars launching their first paysite and the reality is they are never going to make that money back.

Your thoughts, do you think some rush in to launching their first site without having the history in the business or the skills required?

Regards,

Lee