Thread: Affiliate Reps Who Dont Build Sites? Whats The Point?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Affiliate Reps Who Dont Build Sites? Whats The Point?

I was just curious to see what you folks thought about this, if an affiliate rep is wworking for a program, do you expect them to have some current working knowledge of the free site, aen/avs or tgp aspect of the business or, would you expect them to just be able to 'tell' you about stuff without actually having done it in a while?

I know for me that when i go to an affiliate rep with an issue i want them to have some kind of basic understanding of what is going on in the industry currently, not what understanding they had 3 or 4 years ago, would you say that was a fair expecation to have of an affiliate rep?

I mean seriously, if someone is supposed to be helping affiliates, shouldnt they at least know what type of thing currently sells on a range of traffic sources?

Regards,

Lee

i would think that would be very helpful. reps can still be of some use getting you content, having banners made for you, getting special links, etc. but i would think someone who knows about a wider variety of stuff would be the most helpful.

some programs don't allow their reps to do their own stuff, which i think is really lame, where others simply hire too cheap to get experienced webmasters. after all, who would spend several hours a day working for someone for only a commission or a very low base rate when they can make several thousand or more per month doing their own thing?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    after all, who would spend several hours a day working for someone for only a commission or a very low base rate when they can make several thousand or more per month doing their own thing?
    True enough although i know some reps in the industry right now that DO work that way because they are guaranteed a regular income vs what they would have made had they been doing their own stuff.

Although i must admit, having heard that from these people, it really did make me question their ability i mean, if you cant make more as an affiliate than you can as a rep, whats the point you know?

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    True enough although i know some reps in the industry right now that DO work that way because they are guaranteed a regular income vs what they would have made had they been doing their own stuff.

Although i must admit, having heard that from these people, it really did make me question their ability i mean, if you cant make more as an affiliate than you can as a rep, whats the point you know?

Regards,

Lee
    Health insurance...if they have dependents, that can save them a lot of money...there are two people right off the the top of my head that I can name where I work that make more from outside income (not related to the adult industry) than they do working here, but put in their forty hours every week to get their respective families on the company's benefits package.
    Jacob Stiver
    E-Mail: drchango2010@gmail.com
    ICQ#: 388847435