Thread: Domain Transfers + Expired Domain Question

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Domain Transfers + Expired Domain Question

Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer a domain name away from its original registrar to a new one if it has expired the day before the transfer request is initiated?

I just realized that a domain we own expired yesterday and this morning i sent a transfer request to the registrar for the few domains we have over there still including the one that expired.

Is this expired domain actually going to transfer or should i renew the domain before the transfer goes through and, if i renew the domain prior to the registrar doing anything with the transfer request, is that going to throw things off for this one domain name?

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    No registrar I've used will let you transfer an expired domain. Some even prohibit you from transferring a domain for 60 days after a renewal.

I'd go ahead and pay at the old registrar and find out if they have a waiting period after renewal.

I just got dinged on a bunch of EU domains I was planning to transfer that weren't even due... bastards at Dotster renewed them 45 days early at a rate about 3 times what Enom charges.

Yea, I'd renew it and try the transfer in 60 days. I just finished moving some domains off one registrar to my godaddy ... it's really the least expensive and all my stuff is one place so I can see pretty quickly what needs renewed, dns changes, etc etc

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Yea, I'd renew it and try the transfer in 60 days. I just finished moving some domains off one registrar to my godaddy ... it's really the least expensive and all my stuff is one place so I can see pretty quickly what needs renewed, dns changes, etc etc
    Yeah thats why im wanting to move stuff to, i know some people have had issues with GoDaddy but they really have been great for me, even have a guy that i can call up during business hours who gives me discount codes when i ask for them if i cant find them online LOL

Regards,

Lee