Thread: Who will win the GRABBYS?

MarineMeat.com

Who will win the GRABBYS?

With only 2 weeks left to book your hotel room at the Hard Rock Hotel Chicago ( http://www.AwardShowHotel.com ) the buzz seems to be who will win. Many posters on this and other sites think it is a slam dunk. What do you think? Who will win? Post your predictions!

I like cocks better than you!
    Looking at the list: http://www.grabbys.com/nominations-2009.html

It's kind of funny....

Hot House and Titan Media, they work really hard for what they do, and their work shows it. They deserve awards in my opinion.

However, looking at that list makes me chuckle. It seems to me they only pick like 10 studios out of literally hundreds if not thousands. But only 10? I kind of feel as if it's brownie point earnings.

Just curious, are there awards out there for amateur studio producers?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Nobody cares.

The awards dont actually mean anything to anyone other than stroking the egos of those who win.

Just like the AVN awards and the Cybersocket awards, and pretty much every other adult award going... They are worthless to everyone except those who win.

Those who win dont actually gain anything from winning except having to travel to yet another over-priced awards ceremony.

Regards,

Lee

I second that Lee.
    Think about it... are we working in this industry to win awards or are we working in this industry to earn a living? If you win an award, yes you get a banner or what not to show off on your site. I don't think consumers care either. They buy a product because they like it. If you take two boxcovers of the same product, one has an award on it. Put the 2 side by side, the customer won't really care.

Truthfully, if we were handed an award.. yes, and 100% truthfully, it would be a cool thing... but if none were ever received, so what.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Titanmen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Nobody cares.

The awards dont actually mean anything to anyone other than stroking the egos of those who win.

Just like the AVN awards and the Cybersocket awards, and pretty much every other adult award going... They are worthless to everyone except those who win.

Those who win dont actually gain anything from winning except having to travel to yet another over-priced awards ceremony.

Regards,

Lee
    BINGO! ;-)

The customer votes every time they buy your product. Thats a much better win than a piece of lucite!

MarineMeat.com
    Alright then... stay home in front of your computer beating off to screen captures of the videos you don't want to honor.

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    sounds like a lot of the award things in mainstream are they give you a button to put on your website if you win and you just send them your site visitors for free because you won an award that they will give anyone anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MarineMeat.com View Post
    Alright then... stay home in front of your computer beating off to screen captures of the videos you don't want to honor.
    :shock: Your the one that started the whole thread. Why post if you can't handle the responses.