Thread: Sometimes Webmasters Dont Make Any Sense...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Sometimes Webmasters Dont Make Any Sense...

So last night i registered a bunch of new blog domain names and this morning, i was just checking through Google for some of the keywords i chose and it seems like some webmasters have registered variations of the domain names i picked up but... Not the full .com or un-hyphenated versions of the names.

I mean really, why bother registering some really good domain name concepts, but not actually registering the dot com?

For example, gayebonyblog.com, there is a hypenated version of the name, a .info and a .net version yet the full .com version, which is what most surfers are going to type in to the browser, was never registered.

It kind of makes you wonder sometimes if webmasters consider getting listed in the search engines using hyphenated domains packed with keywords more important than sustainable long-term traffic.

Regards,

Lee

You're still operating under the mistaken assumption that most human beings are rational and act out of intelligent self-interest
    Jacob Stiver
    E-Mail: drchango2010@gmail.com
    ICQ#: 388847435

it may be that the .com was taken and then recently expired.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    it may be that the .com was taken and then recently expired.
    Thats what I was thinking as well.

The hyphenateds craze for se keywording is pretty much over.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Well id like to think it was a case that the domainss were already registered but, i registered so many of them thats a virtual impossibility.

It really does look like someone grabbed the hyphenated versions and left the full .coms free for someone else to register.

Regards,

Lee

Maybe they believe all that crap about there are no good dot com names still avail?? :fool: ... and didn't bother checking if it was available.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    So last night i registered a bunch of new blog domain names and this morning, i was just checking through Google for some of the keywords i chose and it seems like some webmasters have registered variations of the domain names i picked up but... Not the full .com or un-hyphenated versions of the names.

I mean really, why bother registering some really good domain name concepts, but not actually registering the dot com?

For example, gayebonyblog.com, there is a hypenated version of the name, a .info and a .net version yet the full .com version, which is what most surfers are going to type in to the browser, was never registered.

It kind of makes you wonder sometimes if webmasters consider getting listed in the search engines using hyphenated domains packed with keywords more important than sustainable long-term traffic.

Regards,

Lee
    Some people still think its 1996 and that search engines / directories cannot parse out words. They still live in a pre-Google world. These are the same people who go to every website by entering the URL at google.com. They don't know about the address bar in their browser.

Stunner Media Presents 7 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | Phoenixxx | Hunk Money | British Bucks | Emo Profits | Latino Bucks
    Lowest Minimum Payouts in the business, Perfect track record, Amazing sites

ICQ: 119276 | Skype: stunnerjesse | Email: jesse@stunnermedia.com

NEW: Follow Stunner Media on Twitter! @StunnerMediaInc