Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X on demand: long-term nonpayment

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

X on demand: long-term nonpayment

Being as how X-on-demand has felt fit to post about all the wonderful new stuff they're doing, presumably to get more studios and affiliates, I thought it might be useful to talk about our experience with them.

We very, very rarely bring business matters to the boards, but in this case, we've been trying to resolve this issue for over a year, and while we've had lots of communication, all we ever get is a million excuses and delaying tactics, but no money.

When we went with XOD, the previous rep committed to delivering lots of traffic and great sales numbers. That hasn't happened. Since we've been with them (3 years, I think), the grand total sales have been maybe a few hundred bucks. Contrast this to Maleflixxx, AEBN, Hotmovies, and Doggone Media, any of whom deliver more in a week than XOD has delivered in two years. We almost pulled our stuff down a year ago, but were promised that all these new things were happening that would dramatically increase sales. That hasn't happened either.

Now, we've been trying to get the piddling sum they owe us paid, and while they have been responding to emails, it's only been to offer excuses. We've now heard just about every excuse in the book, but the most honest one is "we're behind."

If they are behind in payments to us, which have been owed for OVER A YEAR, I can't imagine what bills they're currently paying. Maybe payments that were due in 2004?

At this point, it's not about the actual dollars due, it's the complete lack of integrity in making numerous promises to pay, never following through, and offering a constantly changing array of excuses as to why we aren't getting paid.

As I said, I really regret having to publicly shame a company to get payment, but I'm hoping that by doing so, it will serve the dual purpose of getting us paid and letting other people know our experience with XOD.

So what about it, XOD?

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    While all vendors have minimum monthly payout thresholds, I like one that pays WHATEVER balance exists on Dec 31st.

That's more in keeping with sound accounting practices.

I like cocks better than you!
    Good luck with getting this resolved Chip.
    I can honestly say that we never had pleasant experiences with them either after Marc Goldberg left them. We pulled out of there shortly after he left 2 years ago.
    At that time we only had 6 titles. They owed us about $60.00. Their minimum was $25.00. A check showed up about 3 months later for that amount. But, after we requested our titles to be removed - we were exclusive with AEBN at that time. They owed us $36.40 in pay. It's not a large amount, like you said its the fact of the matter. Frank wouldn't pay us. He said they were keeping the pay because they needed to compensate for the time to remove our very small amount of titles. After some feuding, we finally got paid.

Now, I'm also noticing that TLA Video is becoming a little late. They pay without a request, but a little late. A check was received last week for November and December. But nothing from January thru March. But at least they paid and they are good business people over there.

CamCruise
    Stopped sending them content a year ago too. Have not seen a check from them from them for about a year for the stuff you have still there.

Remember they stopped excepting a lot of gay content a while back.
    They still wanted ours then but said they had too much of the main stream gay stuff.
    Said that it took too much of "their time" to put up all that stuff!!

So I dont think they care about the gay market.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I've been with X On Demand since April 2005 and they have always done me right. ACH payments appear when the payout threshold is met.

(I don't do checks, and checks seem to be problematic for affiliates as well as sponsors.)

Revenues were higher 2005-2007 compared to now. But I think it is good that consumers have 5-6 choices for VOD.

Consumers spend $20 here and $20 there. If one VOD company goes bust, that doesn't mean that consumers will then spend $40 with a surviving company where they used to spend $20. They're still going to spread it around a bit. (Consumers are conditioned to spend $20 at a time, as that is the primary denomination given out by ATMs).

That's why I cringe every time I hear that AEBN is "merging" with someone else. That doesn't mean that consumers are suddenly going to spend $40 on the merged product, where they used to spend $20 + $20 on the two previous independent products.

Interesting to me that this posting has been here now and they've neither contacted us nor offered any response here in the thread.

I'll keep people posted. It sounds like they really don't care very much about paying their affiliates or studios.

Not to get off the subject or anything... But yappo never even replied to my posting about skimming stats: http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...d.php?t=30310&
    I think that's kind of funny too.

XonDemand is a member here on GWW.

Well, apparently they ARE broke. They emailed AJ today and claim that they are so broke that although they owe us only about $250 (and have for over a year). they want to break it up $50 now and $50 "every month or so", which means they aren't even making any sort of serious payment commitment.

I don't like drama, but this is just appalling. If they'd been up front in the beginning, or if they were genuinely trying to make reasonable payment arrangements, it would be different.

I guess it's small claims time. AJ has rental property in North Carolina, and said it was time for a visit there anyway.

CamCruise
    Look what they just posted here.
    But they act like this post never happened.

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...d=1#post249250

Not to mention they aren't publicly acknowledging Chips requests or posting anything to resolve the matter.

I'm not gay; I'm British! xondemand's Avatar
    Hello Chip, I have sent your request to accounting for payment...

I am the affiliate manager for XonDemand, we have just released Flash pay per minute and are moving forward with a stimulus package for adult webmasters doubling new webmaster payouts to help increase traffic and sales to studios.
    XonDemand Studio | Webmasters
    60,000+ DVD Movies

ADULT WEBMASTER RESOURCES

perhaps you should READ what chip said in this thread. he was told by your company that you could not afford a $250 payment - they'd have to break it up. btw, i'd consider it MUCH more important to pay what you owe than to lure in new webmasters.

Quote Originally Posted by xondemand View Post

I am the affiliate manager for XonDemand, we have just released Flash pay per minute and are moving forward with a stimulus package for adult webmasters doubling new webmaster payouts to help increase traffic and sales to studios.

Quote Originally Posted by xondemand View Post

:wtf: :uhoh:

CamCruise
    I can see what they are up to with all this.
    It makes sense that they keep paying affiliates since they are the ones that will keep sending them traffic so they can keep making money.
    But the poor studios that sent them their vids so you all can make that money gets the shaft.
    In a way any affiliate that sends them traffic is promoting stolen content. (since they are not paying the studios for it anymore)

In their contract, it states "Pay periods end on <date>" and it says "Minimum payout <of amount>.

If you've reached the minimum and are NOT receiving payments. Can't you send a DMCA take down notice to them and their host?

I think that would draw some attention to them when they get something like that.