Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Godaddy Hosting

I like cocks better than you!

Godaddy Hosting

So, we've been with Godaddy for a couple years now. In the past a thread was posted that we had been hacked and many of you were suggesting that we go to National Net for hosting.
    Over the past week, we've been trying to set up new domains to host on the server. The domain propegation time was at a very low speed taking up to 24-48 hours where it's usually at about 1 hour max.
    Calling support isn't easy, there is usually an estimated wait time of between 20 - 30 minutes. We don't have that kind of time to waste being on hold awaiting a customer support tech.
    Some emails were sent several times about the domain issue. Usually in about 24 hours, we would get a response.
    The response is a damn form email.
    Thus, I am very pleased to let you know that we've gone ahead and signed the paperwork, and we expect to be up and running very soon with National Net for hosting.

I have personally heard nothing but great stuff about National Net's hosting. I think we will be pleased with this server move.

Just thought I'd share this with you.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Congrats, Derek!

Going from GoDaddy to NatNet is something like going from, oh, a rusted bicycle to a high-end Lexus.

The thing that really has amazed us is how much we have actually *saved* by going with NatNet. We no longer have to use freelance server techs to do maintenance and update issues, and I've saved an incredible amount of system admin time in messing with configuration and script installation issues and so forth.

And, of course, not having to worry about something breaking

I think you'll be really happy!

You did remember to mention I referred you right?!?

Seriously, I'm about 99% sure you won't regret your decision to use NationalNet

LOL @ Bec, I'm sorry. I forgot :-( I should have known.

Thanks guys for the encouragement. It is truly appreciated!

ContentVentures.com
    Hi guys, newbie here but an old-salt in industry terms.

NatNet is good, solid business for years. We use a company called ContentColo.com . We heard about them through the grapevine, been quiet but host Gaymen.com , GBucks.com, and our site MontrealBoysLive.com to name a few. I originally was referred to them by our payment processor, Epoch Systems, as a company they also colocate with.

I'm pretty sure ContentColo doesn't offer virtual hosting, but if you have or need your own servers, you can't beat them.

Dave,

Not to rip on a new poster, but don't you think it's more than a little bit disingenuous to say "we use a company called ContentColo and heard about them through the grapevine" when you work for Content Ventures, which OWNS Content Colo? (or at least, the domain owner is the same?)

It must be an awfully short grapevine.

Everyone here has a business, and most of us are here, at least in part, to help promote our businesses. But the difference is, we're up front about it.

When a new poster shows up and both of his posts are shillling for his company, and one of them, he's trying to shill without admitting it's his company, it doesn't exactly win friends, nor does it speak to the integrity of the company or the person shilling it.

ContentVentures.com
    I don't get it? The guy is talking about a web hosting company and we colocate with ContentColo?

You talk about my company as if it was 2-bit nickel and dime operation. Lighten up guy, and we'll all be ok.

Gaymen.com sounds pretty reputable, no? Anyone heard of Epoch? They both host at ContentColo.

As far as us, we've got content up at ManCheck.com , a site called TylersRoom, etc.

I'll accept your first comment, "not to rip on a new poster". I may be a new "poster", but most likely been in the industry before ya.

How long have you been gay?
    Yeah I've heard a lot of bad stuff about using godaddy's hosting. I myself use ATCI and love it. Anyway glad your going with someone better.
    :thumbsup:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by ContentDave View Post
    I may be a new "poster", but most likely been in the industry before ya.
    Then you should appreciate why your post was taken how it was, by several people.

There was absolutely no reason whatsoever for you to post in this thread about another hosting company.

Chips point was, when you work for the company you are reccomending, directly or not, it is bad form, especially when suggestions of alternate hosting providers were not asked for.

Just comes off as a little spammy to say the least.

Regards,

Lee

ContentVentures.com
    ok, but I don't work for ContentColo? As I explained, we honestly colocate our servers there, and also have our domain name registered through them, use their "whois privacy" service that comes with the registration.

I'm not sure where the connection is made, co-owning?

ContentVentures.com
    Oh shit, I just realized you guys are hosted with nationalnet, my bad. I'll never mention anything about any other web hosting company of affiliate program other than condom cash, promise.

This has nothing to do with GWW being hosted at NatNet, and I don't think you'll ever see Lee or anyone else castigate you for discussing other hosts or affiliate programs. There are postings here all the time about caro.net, hosthead, mojohost, and lots of other excellent hosts, and while NatNet may provide services to a lot of regulars here, there are many other posters here who get hosting from other good providers.

My point was, if you're going to market your company's product, that's fine, but (a) don't post off-topic in a thread because, as Lee said, that is pretty spammy, and (b) don't offer a fake third-party recommendation when you are actually employed by a company that either is the same as, or closely related to, the company you're recommending.

Here's what I based my post on:

WHOIS for contentcolo.com:
    Registrant:
    Content Distribution Systems, LLC
    603 Wilshire Blvd. #914
    Los Angeles, CA 90017-3207
    US

WHOIS for contentventures.com
    Registrant:
    Content Distribution Systems, LLC
    603 Wilshire Blvd. #914
    Los Angeles, CA 90017-3207
    US

By the way, both sites are registered with Tucows, and do not have any privacy settings in the registration.

And...

according to http://www.contentcolo.com/legal/legal_statement.html:

Content Distribution Systems,LLC dba ContentColo (COLO) and the third parties that provide content on this site may make improvements and/or changes in the products, services...
    according to http://www.contentventures.com/legal...statement.htm:

Content Distribution Systems,LLC dba Content Ventures (VENTURES) and the third parties that provide content on this site may make improvements and/or changes in the products, services...
    Looks to me like it's hard to argue that they are different companies when the legal docs for the two separate sites AND the domain registration records both point to the same LLC as owning both entities.

Further, Tylersroom.net appears to be hosted with MojoHost, using a netblock registered to easyonlinesolutions, both located in Michigan.

Epoch has their own netblock, which is served off of a CDN and appears to be routed through MCI/Alter.net bandwidth.

Gaymen.com is hosted by areality.net, which appears to be the upstream provider for contentcolo.com.

I wasn't trying to indicate that your company is a nickel-and-dime operation by any means; I was merely saying it's disingenuous to say that you heard about contentcolo "through the grapevine" when the evidence is overwhelming that both your company and contentcolo are owned by the same company.

Just say "We do hosting and we're great [or "our sister company does hosting and they're great"] and nobody will complain.

ContentVentures.com
    When did the trial begin, and is there a jury?

I work for Content Ventures and we provide the best content to sites like TylersRoom, ManCheck, BedFellow to name a few. Thanks for the info where TylersRoom is hosted, didn't know that. We simply provide them our 2008 Cybersocket nominated content MontrealBoysLive.com .

ContentColo.com is a great place for us to colocate, and I know for certain Epoch has a few servers there as well, right next to ours, see them everytime I'm checking out our servers. GBucks.com is also hosted there, a great gay sponsor program.

You are extremely talented using network tools like whois and traceroute, congrats. However, it almost always doesn't tell the whole story.

Anywho, you guys a weird way of welcoming new guys to the board here.

I'm sure you have great content. I've actually heard great things about Montreal Boys Live from more than one site owner. (BTW, Cybersocket nominations, and awards, are virtually meaningless as it's pretty widely known that the awards are rigged.)

This doesn't need to be a big issue, unless you make it one. All I (or anyone else who regularly posts here) is saying is, please be honest with the other members here.

The legal statements on the two sites and the domain ownership records show pretty clearly that Content Ventures and Content Colo are the same company. (Content Colo being a DBA of Content Ventures.)

Are you denying that ContentColo is owned by Content Ventures? If so, then why does it state in Content Colo's legal terms that it's a DBA of Content Ventures?

If you're admitting it, that's cool, and we move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ContentDave View Post
    W
    Anywho, you guys a weird way of welcoming new guys to the board here.
    He's not bashing you. Your threads make no sense, In every post your throwing in MontralBoys. I can see why since it's understood that you work for them. Either your not giving all of the facts or things just aren't adding up which is why Chip is questioning you, I assume.

A warm welcome from us and welcome.
    Per your host... We're happy with the decision of going to National Net, Sean treats us like a human and not just another client which is impressive, and I've heard nothing bad about them. Ever. So your posts about Content Host is like playing a broken record and repeating yourself.

Have a great rest of the weekend! I'm going back to gardening :donmike: