Thread: Do You Ever Feel Like...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Do You Ever Feel Like...

Some affiliate programs reps simply dont get it?

Regards,

Lee

Yup!

But many are hired for the wrong reasons, or programs won't pay enough to keep talented/knowledgeable/educated people on their roster.
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

sure, but that's no surprise. half the reps out there were hired without any real experience in adult - they were on the edge but hadn't made the plunge - or with no adult experience at all. then they're pressured to get more affiliates so that they're working at breakneck speed, which doesn't allow them time to learn anything.

There really needs to be a separation between Sales and Account Managers - they are not the same role.

Sales people, sell... that is what they do.
    Account Managers take care of existing partners.

Sales people rarely make good affiliate managers because of the pressure, the goals they are given to meet. Meeting needs of existing partners is contrary to the expectations their company puts on them.
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I have to say about hiring outside of adult, with us when we hired Brandon we knew he had no experience in adult and that is actually what we wanted, to start with, he isnt handling our adult properties at all, he is purely non-adult and the added benefit is, he has no bad habits to break him off.

As of right now, he's pretty much running the non-adult side of things for us single-handedly and doing it how we trained him to, posting on boards, following up with affiliates within a few hours, etc, etc, etc...

If he has a question from an affiliate he doesnt know the answer to, he'll actually tell the affiliate that and ask us for input, to get a solid answer and once he knows, he will communicate that to the affiliate, he is also showing an interest in the adult side of things to the point where we are slowly but surely giving him the 'basic' info he needs to transition across to handle some of our adult web properties whenn the time is right and we feel he is capable enough to do so.

Right now we couldnt be happier with how things are working out with Brandon, sometimes there are really good reasons for hiring outside the industry.

Regards,

Lee