Thread: WOW - I Just Joined A Program I Have Never Heard Of 9 Times

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

WOW - I Just Joined A Program I Have Never Heard Of 9 Times

LOL this is certainly one way to make sure affiliates never send a single hit to a new program....

Looks like im also going to be pulling my links to MoreNiche as well

Regards,

Lee

You sure have zero tolerance for what is obviously a glitch. Write em.

Its not so much the 'glitch' more the fact they used my information from MoreNiche to sign me up to another program i have absolutely no interest in.

Several programs have done this in the past and i have dropped them as soon as i got the notification email that i have been 'automatically' signed up to the latest program.

Im a firm beleiver that when i join a program, they shouldnt be passing that information on to another one, even if it is a sister company of theirs.

I trust the programs i join to treat my personal and business information, including bank details in case of wire payouts, in the strictest confidence, anyone that breaks that confidence doesnt deserve my business.

When AFF recently took over another affiliate program and i got the email they sent out 'welcoming' me, i requested they close my accounts at both programs.... Its the principle of it, if they share information like this between programs, who knows where else this information is being shared and to what end.

Regards,

Lee

i'm firmly with lee on this one - if you want me to sign up for your program, let me know about it. if i want to sign up for a program i will. otherwise that means i wasn't interested.

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    i'm firmly with lee on this one - if you want me to sign up for your program, let me know about it. if i want to sign up for a program i will. otherwise that means i wasn't interested.
    Patti,

Exactly, i have no problems with programs informing me about their other business offerings but just automatically signing me up to that new program without giving it a second thought is just wrong and quite possibly illegal in terms of privacy protection laws.

A simple email saying 'look at our new program' would have been enough.

Regards,

Lee

Ok -sorry - missed your point about being signed up automatically - looked like you were having a hissy fit over getting 9 emails.

Evidently I am now a member of moreniche after having signed on with High Profits ... futher investigation shows that these two have merged, so I'm not sure how that fits the sharing emails problem? I do however, have a problem with being an affiliate for something I've never heard of. Give me an opt in or out before doing that!