Thread: Breakeven Point On A New Site?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Breakeven Point On A New Site?

I was wondering how many sales you folks thought it took for a new paysite to just breakeven, not make a profit, simply recover the funds that the site owner spent on having it designed, developed and setup for processing etc, etc?

I know from my own experience with Condom Cash our breakeven for the entire programs investment was a little under 3 months.

Im wondering how long it takes programs using exclusive content that gets new shoots to update their members area every few days or once a week though, do you think it is quicker or longer for these types of sites to hit their breakeven point?

Your thoughts?

Regards,

Lee

GWW Community Member
    In that 3 months you mentioned, how many sales did you make?

Quote Originally Posted by msm View Post
    In that 3 months you mentioned, how many sales did you make?
    Enough to break even on what we invested in the program and paysites

Regards,

Lee

GWW Community Member
    Well, when you start off with the line "I was wondering how many sales..." I thought asking for yours was fair game. :develish:

you know there's no real answer. a paysite paying $25 per scene and starting with 25 scenes with 10 more bought for updates will take a lot less time than a paysite that pays $2500 per update and starts with 10 updates with 5 held back updates. add in that some paysite owners may buy a copy of an expensive CMS where others will update by hand and you have quite a difference in startup costs, not even counting that some people do their own design and some pay thousands for their tour.

and then different webmasters have radically different traffic generation or ways to get affiliates. some paysites make less than 5 sales per day where others make 100.

How long have you been gay?
    do you know examples of sites making 100 sales a day? Sean Cody, for instance?

Quote Originally Posted by jorgebianco View Post
    do you know examples of sites making 100 sales a day? Sean Cody, for instance?
    There are, imho, very few sites making 100 sales a day these days, i even know some big program owners with multiple sites, paying PPS that have been around for YEARS that tell me they make nowhere near 100 sales a day.

With market saturation, the days where sites make 100 new sales a day are long gone.

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay?
    I wouldn't be that sure, Lee.

I understand that a mid size site like englishlads or military classified are doing around 30 sales a day (including both new and recurring members).

If so, it wouldn't be crazy for large site like seancody or randyblue to be close to the 100.

Anyone have any data?