Thread: When do you show just how much your join fee is?

When do you show just how much your join fee is?

Do you show it on the very first join page screen, or wait until they fill out some information first before giving them the various price points? ... and why?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    When they have to enter their credit card info

Regards,

Lee

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. lisa's Avatar
    We currently have ours showing on the tour pages and throughout the guest area, should they choose to preview their instead of the tour. The price point is also offered on the main Join page. We've found that not making them jump through hoops to find out how much the cost is, results in more conversions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    When they have to enter their credit card info

Regards,

Lee

Personally, I find that a turnoff. If a site is asking for my name, address, etc before I can even see what's what, I usually just leave.

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    We currently have ours showing on the tour pages and throughout the guest area, should they choose to preview their instead of the tour. The price point is also offered on the main Join page. We've found that not making them jump through hoops to find out how much the cost is, results in more conversions.

I can see making it part of the design if it's a $1 or Trial tour, not sure how well it works for higher price points though. You're finding this converts better for you by showing it all over the site?

I show on the join page however I'm considering putting a "new $9.95 trial" banner on all tour pages and see if it increases sales.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I'd say try it. It's low enough that it should generate interest, and while it's not as enticing as a $1 trial, it won't turn anyone off, either.

I'm also inclined to agree with Bec. When I see a site that won't fucking tell me how much it is to join without giving them a bunch of info, my response is to give them fake info in order to see what the price is, and then if I want to join, I go back and put in real info.

I get the same level of annoyance from companies that have products (often software solutions) where you are looking through the site and there's no mention of what the fucking thing costs, and finally you find a page that says "Contact our sales team to discuss pricing."

To me, that basically means "We know our product is overpriced, so in order to try and talk you into paying $5,000 for this piece of crap that's worth $500, you have to let a sales rep talk to you in order to get the price."

So now, for the most part, if a website doesn't list a price and says "contact us", and it's something I REALLY want, I send a short email saying "I don't want to waste your time or mine, how much is your product." And if I get anything but a price in return, I just move on.

And I think the same thing tends to apply to surfers.

You're more patient than me, I don't even bother with the fake info to find a price, unless it's because I need it to put the information into a site review. And I so hate those "write us for pricing" .... like yea ... ok. Not gonna happen!!

we put it on first page of join form
    JODY
    Jody |at| CockyBoys.com / ICQ: 10731020
    CockyBoys