Thread: Joe The Plumber - Gays Are 'Queer'

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Joe The Plumber - Gays Are 'Queer'

NEW YORK—Samuel Wurzelbacher, the Ohio man hailed as "Joe the Plumber" by Republican John McCain's presidential campaign last year, said he believes gays are "queer" and said he won't allow them near his children. Nevertheless, Wurzelbacher said the decision about whether to allow same-sex couples to marry should be left to states.

"People don't understand the dictionary—it's called queer," Wurzelbacher told Christianity Today in an interview published this week. Queer means strange and unusual. It's not like a slur, like you would call a white person a honky or something like that. You know, God is pretty explicit in what we're supposed to do—what man and woman are for."

He added, "I've had some friends that are actually homosexual. And, I mean, they know where I stand, and they know that I wouldn't have them anywhere near my children. But at the same time, they're people, and they're going to do their thing."

Joe Solmonese, president of the Human Rights Campaign, a national gay rights organization based in Washington, dismissed Wurzelbacher's comments.

"It would matter if Joe the Plumber mattered," Solmonese said. "One thing among many things we learned in the 2008 campaign is that he doesn't."

Wurzelbacher, regarded as a folk hero to many conservatives after challenging then-Democratic nominee Barack Obama about his tax policies, said neither political party was sufficiently Christian.

"They use God as a punch line,"

Wurzelbacher said of Republicans. "They use God to invoke sympathy or invoke righteousness, but they don't stay the course."

Wurzelbacher said he considered McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, one of the GOP's emerging stars. But he said the party would have a difficult time recasting its image to appeal to younger voters.

"You got the RNC talking about repackaging principles and values to make them hip and cool to the younger generation," Wurzelbacher said. "You can't repackage them. They are what they are. You can't make what they are."

Since the election, Wurzelbacher has spoken at conservative rallies around the country and traveled to Israel as a rookie reporter to cover the Gaza conflict.

Wurzelbacher told the magazine he might consider running for office someday.

"Not right now," Wurzelbacher said. "God hasn't said, 'Joe, I want you to run.' I feel (it's) more important to just encourage people to get involved, one way or another. If I can inspire some leaders, that would be great."

http://www.mercurynews.com/topstories/ci_12310071

Looks like this guy is really gearing up to be a Republican contender in the next election.

Regards,

Lee

wow, he wouldn't let his gay friends near his children??? what an asshole! either he chooses very creepy friends - of course, they choose to be HIS friends, so i wouldn't rule that out - or he's just a complete jerk, and you CAN'T rule that out.

when you look at the statistics of how many adult str8 men molest little girls, perhaps it's str8 men that shouldn't be let around children.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    As I was saying the other day to one of my friends, on the one hand, I'd be delighted to see Sarah Palin get the 2012 republican nomination because she is such a dumbass that I can't imagine that it would be a problem to beat her.

On the other hand, if she *did* get the nomination, I would be scared to death that either the American people would be stupid enough to elect her, or that Karl Rove and his sleazebag, evil piece of shit henchmen would steal the election the same way they did in 2000 and 2004.

How long have you been gay? thedevilcomes09's Avatar
    sarah palin and now this... people really need to wake up, its the 21st centuary for ******* sake

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    NEW YORK—Samuel Wurzelbacher, the Ohio man hailed as "Joe the Plumber" by Republican John McCain's presidential campaign last year, said he believes gays are "queer" and said he won't allow them near his children. Nevertheless, Wurzelbacher said the decision about whether to allow same-sex couples to marry should be left to states.

"People don't understand the dictionary—it's called queer," Wurzelbacher told Christianity Today in an interview published this week. Queer means strange and unusual. It's not like a slur, like you would call a white person a honky or something like that. You know, God is pretty explicit in what we're supposed to do—what man and woman are for."

He added, "I've had some friends that are actually homosexual. And, I mean, they know where I stand, and they know that I wouldn't have them anywhere near my children. But at the same time, they're people, and they're going to do their thing."

Joe Solmonese, president of the Human Rights Campaign, a national gay rights organization based in Washington, dismissed Wurzelbacher's comments.

"It would matter if Joe the Plumber mattered," Solmonese said. "One thing among many things we learned in the 2008 campaign is that he doesn't."

Wurzelbacher, regarded as a folk hero to many conservatives after challenging then-Democratic nominee Barack Obama about his tax policies, said neither political party was sufficiently Christian.

"They use God as a punch line,"

Wurzelbacher said of Republicans. "They use God to invoke sympathy or invoke righteousness, but they don't stay the course."

Wurzelbacher said he considered McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, one of the GOP's emerging stars. But he said the party would have a difficult time recasting its image to appeal to younger voters.

"You got the RNC talking about repackaging principles and values to make them hip and cool to the younger generation," Wurzelbacher said. "You can't repackage them. They are what they are. You can't make what they are."

Since the election, Wurzelbacher has spoken at conservative rallies around the country and traveled to Israel as a rookie reporter to cover the Gaza conflict.

Wurzelbacher told the magazine he might consider running for office someday.

"Not right now," Wurzelbacher said. "God hasn't said, 'Joe, I want you to run.' I feel (it's) more important to just encourage people to get involved, one way or another. If I can inspire some leaders, that would be great."

http://www.mercurynews.com/topstories/ci_12310071

Looks like this guy is really gearing up to be a Republican contender in the next election.

Regards,

Lee

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    he's queer too

wouldn't mind rubbing on his bald head

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by jIgG View Post
    he's queer too

wouldn't mind rubbing on his bald head
    You in to bald guys then huh?

http://www.baldstuds.com

Regards,

Lee

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    I can only hope...that more than the majority of Americans (and voting Americans...and other countries worldwide) are increasingly and exponentially fed up with these dangerous idiots and do something about it (such as not giving them a mouthpiece, not vote for them, or put them in jail or a ward if it becomes necessary).

I'm also hoping this era marks the beginning of the real end of a lot of sick crap. Sometimes when trouble or a problem is about to finally drop dead, it acts up in desperation. Joe the Plumber and like phenomena are cancers struggling to survive in a society that is trying to heal itself. So we have to make sure to do our check-ups, and take care of things.

I never think of things like this, but for some dumb reason, I keep getting this image of people dressing up like Dorothy and throwing a pail of water on Joe the Plumber wherever he shows up. And for Sarah Palin, too. And....
    Last edited by tim460; 05-07-2009 at 12:18 PM. Reason: had to add more people to Dorothy's list