Thread: Anyone here have good or bad experiences Airport screening of baggage?

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.

Anyone here have good or bad experiences Airport screening of baggage?

Anyone here have good or bad experiences with Airport screening of carry on or packed baggage?

How rough are they on Cell phones, laptops, external hard drives, cameras...?

Like in 2009 or 2008? Modern history.

Leaving US Airports, arriving European airports...

Looking for content ;)
    i have only ever broken one cellphone going through the scanners and i fly regularly within europe, to and from the US and inside the US..

havnt been bag screened yet and hope i never do.. would hate to have to explain the shit on my laptop.

I've never had any issues with my phones or computers.
    Love Heathrow, you don't even have to take your computer out of your bag there anymore.
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    i have never had any problem with stuff at the airports when i have gone to europe on vacations and i take my laptop and camera with me

What do you consider 'good sex'? rawTOP's Avatar
    I was stopped yesterday coming back from IML and one of my sex toys (a very small police baton) was classified as a weapon and they had to call the Chicago police and do a whole report. While I couldn't laugh at the time, it was funny to see straight TSA agents and police officers handling something I use as a dildo and having zero clue...

While some of the guys seemed like they had a baton up their ass, the guy who stopped me initially was incredibly nice and went out of his way to find tape for my carry-on bag when they insisted it be checked, and he even told me about a security check point that didn't have lines so I could get to my flight on-time. So it really depends on who you get going through your stuff...

I think creepy or suspicious looking people are stopped far more often then the normal average person, otherwise they wouldn't be able to continue the way they have.

I'm glad they're stopping people like RawTop with police batons that they carry in their luggage, it makes complete sense. Most average everyday people would consider a police baton a weapon.

In all my traveling around the world I've never had an issue at airport screening.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    I think creepy or suspicious looking people are stopped far more often then the normal average person, otherwise they wouldn't be able to continue the way they have.

I'm glad they're stopping people like RawTop with police batons that they carry in their luggage, it makes complete sense. Most average everyday people would consider a police baton a weapon.

In all my traveling around the world I've never had an issue at airport screening.
    Yes, you would enjoy the fact I was hassled by them.

The reason they stopped me wasn't the baton, but the big padlocks I had in my luggage - they couldn't tell what they were. They just happened to find the baton. But the thing about the baton is you can hit someone with just about anything. It's not like it was a full-sized baton, so not all that dangerous.

Yeah I have a relative in law enforcement and he has a small extendable baton that he gave my mother to carry for protection. While I doubt this is what you were sticking up your ass they really carry a powerful punch.

Watching you get written up by the cops and hassled by airport security would be boring. I'd much rather see you get paddled black & blue & bloody :bunny:

Quote Originally Posted by rawTOP View Post
    Yes, you would enjoy the fact I was hassled by them.

The reason they stopped me wasn't the baton, but the big padlocks I had in my luggage - they couldn't tell what they were. They just happened to find the baton. But the thing about the baton is you can hit someone with just about anything. It's not like it was a full-sized baton, so not all that dangerous.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    I had a "pat down" by an extraordinarily hot security officer at Schipull Airport in Amsterdam -- it was so damn erotic I wanted to have a cigarette after.

I've lost a laptop power cord during a luggage inspection and been subject to "increased security" at Heathrow where they took everything out of all of my bags in front of me. Being very British, they put everything back more neatly than they found it.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    Yeah I have a relative in law enforcement and he has a small extendable baton that he gave my mother to carry for protection. While I doubt this is what you were sticking up your ass they really carry a powerful punch.
    As usual, you're completely wrong. That's not what I was carrying and it's never been up my ass...

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I arrived in Warsaw Poland with all of my baggage intact.

In Chicago, I lost my jacket! I had set it aside loose from my carry-on in TSA screening, and 10 minutes later it was no where to be found. My shoes made it, but my jacket didn't!

But I bought a nice jacket here for $10USD.

I Blog Naked
    Airport Security is so dumb.
    I have been taken aside and searched many times, just to get on the plane and get a bottle of wine, and actually get a GLASS bottle of wine.
    Anyone who has seen bar fights on TV knows that a glass bottle can become a weapon real fast.
    DUH what are they thinking???

FabScout Entertainment Inc FabScout's Avatar

Why not ME

I have tried to get Patted Down, even requested a full Body Cavity Search.....Damnit...WHY NOT ME

(heheheh)

Just for the record, the pic below is what they thought was a weapon... It barely gives the person using it more force than they get with their hands and so many other things they allow on are more deadly. I had a paddle in my luggage that was bigger/longer that they said nothing about... Oh well... My take away was it's better to drive to leather/BDSM events...

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    Those tall blond Dutch security guys in Amsterdam are hot. I've been patted down a few times by them and enjoyed it every time.

Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    I had a "pat down" by an extraordinarily hot security officer at Schipull Airport in Amsterdam -- it was so damn erotic I wanted to have a cigarette after.

I've lost a laptop power cord during a luggage inspection and been subject to "increased security" at Heathrow where they took everything out of all of my bags in front of me. Being very British, they put everything back more neatly than they found it.