Thread: do you be careful about what infos you post on boards

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'

do you be careful about what infos you post on boards

i was just reading that nats thread lee started about someone getting sued and it made me think if someone has even been sued for posting help on a board that didnt work?

do you think that people do not post a lot because they are worried they might get sued if they posted the wrong info or not?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I have only ever heard of 1 other person getting sued for posting on a webmaster board and that was because this person was deliberately going around spreading lies about a sponsor who was shaving when they werent.

Regards,

Lee

I've never heard of anyone getting sued for posting help that did not help someone.

It's important to post the truth that you know on boards, this is of invaluable help to the community.

Some members don't like the truth if it sheds a bad light on them but it could save 10 - 20 people, or more, from falling into their trap or believing their misrepresentations.

Don't be afraid to post :bunny:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Agreed.

People will threaten to sue all the time, but most of them don't realize how difficult and expensive a defamation action is. So usually, they bluster and piss and moan but nothing ever comes of it.

The nonadult site I own provides information about distance learning programs, and there are a lot of fake schools out there. We used to get about one threat per week from a fake school that didn't like the fact we were calling them out... but our response was (and is) always to post the threat to the board, which usually has the effect of making the school look even more foolish, and I think that most schools have figured that out.

So I'd say you're pretty safe.