Thread: i need motivation

Dawgy

Sad i need motivation

blah

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I had one of those days myself today Dale

Ended up going out to the store

Regards,

Lee

Dawgy
    i just have a lot to do, and
    im not sure how to prioritize,
    so nothing gets done.

:crybaby:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Well so far as prioritizing stuff the way i tend to do it by getting the main stuff figured out first so for example, if you are working on a new paysite, get the basics out of the way like the niche, the content, whats needed on the tour etc etc then go for the other stuff..

Get design quotes, choose a designer send them the content.

While im waiting on the design ill go content shopping again to find stuff that i might have missed before at the smaller providers.

In addition ill get the sales copy written for the tour while im waiting for it as well as the copy for any promo materials that are needed, banners, buttons, fpas etc making sure i give the designer enough links to choose two or three for each creative.

Of course you then have all your usual day to day stuff like checking and replying to emails, posting on boards and support issues etc.

I hear ya though rioritizing work is a job in itself and sometimes it takes almost a week to get the initial ideas and concepts on paper before work even starts on the site

Guess you need to figure out what you have and put them into soe order that makes sense to you then just hit them one at a time and try not to get distracted from your work list once you have it wirrten hell if you have to turn of any messaging clients you have and dont open email for 24 hours while you get started on the list.

Hope you find your mojo soon

Regards,

Lee

AusCoding Allan
    Shopping will cure anything except a lack of motivation, get out and go for a jog around the block, get your heart rate up and you'll soon feel a lot more motivated.

Cheers,

Allan

McAttack
    Your environment normally boosts you up so change something. Clear off the desk or something. I'm a major mess and my desk normally is a disaster area, so if I clear it up, leave the essentials, paper, pen, calculator, I'm good to go at that point.

Make the "To Do" list, and if I have too many projects going on, figure out which project is important NOW. If one thing is long term and the other should bring in some money now, well I do the short term right away and while that cashflow is coming in, I work on the long term stuff. That's basically how I prioritize, by cash flow.

RainGurl

Happy

pick out something you want to buy or a vacation you want to go on, etc. Find a nice picture of it, super-impose yourself in the picture, and keep working til you get it!

take a few days off the computer...I mean don't even turn that sucker on if you can! If you are like me, by the time the first day is over you will be thinking of new and exciting plans and after a few days you will feel refreshed.

cheers,
    Luke