Thread: Sony Pictures CEO Agrees With Me...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Sony Pictures CEO Agrees With Me...

BAD INTERNET: The panel was about the future of filmmaking, but that didn’t mean anyone had to like what they saw. “I’m a guy who doesn’t see anything good having come from the Internet,” said Sony Pictures Entertainment chief executive officer Michael Lynton. “Period.”

At a breakfast cohosted by the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University and The New Yorker Thursday, Lynton wasn’t just trying for a laugh: He complained the Internet has “created this notion that anyone can have whatever they want at any given time. It’s as if the stores on Madison Avenue were open 24 hours a day. They feel entitled. They say, ‘Give it to me now,’ and if you don’t give it to them for free, they’ll steal it.”

Co-panelist Nora Ephron, who started her career in print, said the Internet has had a greater effect on “our beloved print than it’s had on the movie business.” But, she conceded, “We’re in the last days of copyright, if you want to be grim about it….Stop it. I dare you.”

Lynton tried out another simile. Referring to the Obama administration’s goal to spread broadband access without, he said, regulating piracy, Lynton compared it with building highway systems without speed limits or driver’s licenses. “We do need rules of the road,” he said. (Lynton may not have liked Ephron’s chosen analogy for the way some people in the movie business are paid: “It’s a giant Ponzi scheme set up to compensate a few people at unbelievable rates,” she said, adding, “These people live like pashas. You cannot imagine the scale of wealth in Hollywood. People live like that here, but we live in apartments so you can’t see as much.”)

Though Anne Hathaway, also on the panel and wearing Stella McCartney, lamented the Internet “inhibits your ability to get lost,” either in a role or in watching a film, she shrugged off moderator Ken Auletta’s question about whether the blogosphere had coarsened coverage of actors like her. “It was always true,” she said. “It’s just giving everyone a bathroom wall to write exactly what they think.”

— Irin Carmon

http://www.wwd.com/media-news/fashio...2136751?page=2

Ive been saying for years that surfers have a sense of entitlement when it comes to content delivered via the internet however, i actually disagree with the comments about us being towards the end of copyright instead i think we're going to see new copyright laws written specifically to curb the flow of stolen content on the internet, like DMCA but on crack, with much harsher penalties.

Regards,

Lee

Laws are useless when they're not enforced.

If we do get new, more strict laws, let's hope they enforce them, otherwise it will be a complete waste of time and money.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Whereas I think the solution lies in technology, not law.

One perfected technology would solve a host of problems, including micropayments, digital cash, digital signatures, and trustworthy and non-breaking drm - and that technology is hi-speed truly random keyed encryption.

Which means, probably, a dedicated chip that produces true random numbers from something like heat noise or rad decay, and then uses that number to generate pairs of prime numbers and encryption keys on the fly.

The one thing that is required is that the chip (or method) not be proprietary - and that's the big stumbling point.

Course, this idea has been known for years - at least since the cypherpunks - and we still don't have it.

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Whereas I think the solution lies in technology, not law.
    I think you are correct. We have enough laws on the books, so if they wanted to go that route, they should just simply enforce the ones we already have. But I am with you that technology will/would be the best solution for the problem.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post
    I think you are correct. We have enough laws on the books, so if they wanted to go that route, they should just simply enforce the ones we already have. But I am with you that technology will/would be the best solution for the problem.
    I disagree Michael.

The laws we have currently are so antiquated it isnt funny, there needs to be a total re-write of every single law in the US, not just when it comes to piracy/copyright, i mean sheesh, in some states it is still illegal to kiss in public.

Regards,

Lee