Thread: So What Is Included In The 'Latino' Niche?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

So What Is Included In The 'Latino' Niche?

When it comes to the nationality of guys being used on Latino sites, what countries would you say were included in the Latino niche in terms of where the guys come from or their ethnicity?

For example, just lately im seeing a lot of interest in Boracuan (i think thats the right spelling ) would this be a by-product of the Latin niche or is it something in and of itself?

Regards,

Lee

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    If it is OK to quote Wikipedia, "The terms boricua and borincano derive from Borikén and Borinquen respectively, and are commonly used to identify someone of Puerto Rican heritage." I usually see it referred to as "Borinquen" but I'm no expert.

Puerto Rican dudes can definitely get their own subniche,

When most people say Latin, they don't seem too keen on the people with a lot of native blood (people from the Mexican border states and remote places from all over Latin America), but rather those that show a lot of Spanish blood. With Brazilians, on the other hand, it seems the Portuguese traits aren't as focused on, rather the mix of West African and indigenous populations, with just a hint of European. Makes for some very interesting combinations of physical traits (really dark skin and wavy/curly hair with high cheek bones and light eyes).

Okay, here's the funny answer: guys from New York, Montreal, and Miami :broccoli:
    Jacob Stiver
    E-Mail: drchango2010@gmail.com
    ICQ#: 388847435

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Quote Originally Posted by DrChango View Post
    Puerto Rican dudes can definitely get their own subniche,

When most people say Latin, they don't seem too keen on the people with a lot of native blood (people from the Mexican border states and remote places from all over Latin America), but rather those that show a lot of Spanish blood...
    It IS interesting how "Latin" is used. I've had so many Latin people tell me what it is that I don't quite know anymore. A man from Puerto Rico I once knew didn't feel being "Latin" really meant much to him, saying that people don't realize that Latin cultures are those with Latin as the root of the language, which is many cultures that are not usually associated with "Latins." So I'm confused because it seems many latinos and latinas disagree apparently. All I know is I often fall easily for Latin men...really have no idea why I do.

In any case, there's quite a range here. Sort of like "Asian"...another wide range. Actually like a lot of categories, incuding "white."

Quote Originally Posted by tim460 View Post
    It IS interesting how "Latin" is used. I've had so many Latin people tell me what it is that I don't quite know anymore. A man from Puerto Rico I once knew didn't feel being "Latin" really meant much to him, saying that people don't realize that Latin cultures are those with Latin as the root of the language, which is many cultures that are not usually associated with "Latins." So I'm confused because it seems many latinos and latinas disagree apparently. All I know is I often fall easily for Latin men...really have no idea why I do.

In any case, there's quite a range here. Sort of like "Asian"...another wide range. Actually like a lot of categories, incuding "white."
    Oddly enough, the terms Latino and Latin America were popularized by...wait for it...Francisco Franco, right-wing dictator of Spain, who was trying to build cultural and economic ties with Spain's former colonial possessions when he found himself alone in Europe, both economically and politically (Western Europe marked him as a fascist, and of course the Communists in Eastern Europe had no love for him.)

Trips me out when those words are used and the word "Hispanic" is shunned since it was coined by the US Census Bureau in the 1930s...more than ten years before Franco started his "Latin America" kick. People are too funny
    Jacob Stiver
    E-Mail: drchango2010@gmail.com
    ICQ#: 388847435