Thread: Hard Gay Feeds Is Live

I'd rather be whole, than good

Hard Gay Feeds Is Live

Hi Everyone,

Pistol Media is proud to announce that our new, webmaster video feed site www.hardgayfeeds.com is live.

Inside you can set-up demo accounts to peruse Pistol Media's Sexgaymes feed and the new BARE! Hot Wet and Raw from Hot Desert Knights.

Have a great weekend!

BRIAN.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Looking good :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee

RainGurl
    good job, brian!

why oh why do so many places NOT provide price lists? :angrymad:

cheers,
    Luke

why oh why do so many places NOT provide price lists?
    Because there are several variables that affect the price of a premium feed making it impracticle to provide a rate card. Some examples of these are:

- Existing customer or not
    - Number of members
    - Number of products a new customer is considering
    - Anticipated growth rate
    - Available budget at a certain time
    - The amount of traffic a feed will receive/the amount of bandwidth it will burn
    - The update cycle on a product
    - The cost of production for a product

I'm sure that other feed providers may have a few more criteria of their own that they apply.

I hope this answers your question Luke.

BRIAN.

Dawgy
    ive always refused to give out my member numbers. that is no ones business. just give me a set rate based on the bandwidth i use, why does it all have to be so complex?

ive always refused to give out my member numbers. that is no ones business. just give me a set rate based on the bandwidth i use, why does it all have to be so complex?
    That's your price model preference Dawgy which is not unusual. Other people however flat-out refuse to pay under the model that you prefer - hence the difficulty in providing a rate card.

Dawgy
    Originally posted by Pistol
    That's your price model preference Dawgy which is not unusual. Other people however flat-out refuse to pay under the model that you prefer - hence the difficulty in providing a rate card.
    how the hell do they pay? for pic feeds its pretty easy, a flat rate will usually cover just about everyone. but for video it seems like the rate should be based on a sample usage... NOT necessarily the first few days tho... as any new feed in any site will get pounded during the first few days, even a week... id think a random sampling during the first 30 days, or an average of the first 30 days, would be the most fair for both sides...

as any new feed in any site will get pounded during the first few days, even a week... id think a random sampling during the first 30 days, or an average of the first 30 days, would be the most fair for both sides...
    Premium feeds that are regularly updated with hi-res, decent-length videos can cop a pounding with every new video release. Which is good for the person leasing the feed because it means that it's doing what it is supposed to be doing for your site. You are correct - the first month can be the most intense, however positioning within the site can have a major effect on the initial rush that you are referring to.

Originally posted by Pistol
    Because there are several variables that affect the price of a premium feed making it impracticle to provide a rate card. Some examples of these are:
    - Existing customer or not
    - Number of members
    - Number of products a new customer is considering
    - Anticipated growth rate
    - Available budget at a certain time
    - The amount of traffic a feed will receive/the amount of bandwidth it will burn
    - The update cycle on a product
    - The cost of production for a product

I'm sure that other feed providers may have a few more criteria of their own that they apply.

I hope this answers your question Luke.

BRIAN.
    BULLSHIT!

- if I am looking for rates on the "non members" area then I am not already a customer.
    - you only have 2 products, so its either one or two.
    - the update and production costs should be set by you as part of the package
    - number of members can be equated to traffic approximately and that should be good enough to provide a price guide
    - available budget is MY ISSUE that I will decide when I see your prices.

Why dont you just set up a simple table like this:
    1 product
    - upto 10G per month (approx 0-50 members) $100
    - upto 50G per month (approx 51-250 members) $250
    2 products
    - upto 10G per month (approx 0-50 members) $150
    - upto 50G per month (approx 51-250 members) $350

So many other content providers can do this, since you don't AND you are on this board arguing, I am very turned off by your product. Obviously customer service is not your priority (don't forget I am the customer here, not my surfers!!!)

There is a lot of competition in the content plugin market, if you don't make it as easy as possible for me to decide to use your product then I am off to the next supplier.

cheers,
    Luke

With reference to Luke's comments:

if I am looking for rates on the "non members" area then I am not already a customer.
    As a standard policy and out of respect - We do not license feeds for distribution into non-members areas as it depreciates the return on investment for our customers.

- you only have 2 products, so its either one or two.
    Correct. We offer a discount to customers who already have one feed and wish to lease the other. We also offer a discount if somebody wants to lease both feeds.

- - the update and production costs should be set by you as part of the package
    Sorry - I don't understand the question and/or point you are trying to make.

- number of members can be equated to traffic approximately and that should be good enough to provide a price guide
    Correct

- available budget is MY ISSUE that I will decide when I see your prices.
    Correct

Why dont you just set up a simple table like this:
    1 product
    - upto 10G per month (approx 0-50 members) $100
    - upto 50G per month (approx 51-250 members) $250
    2 products
    - upto 10G per month (approx 0-50 members) $150
    - upto 50G per month (approx 51-250 members) $350
    Because as I said in a previous posting:

So many other content providers can do this,
    We don't profess to be a part of the pack and nor do we intend to. Our feeds are amongst the best on the market (Up there with Content Guys whose feeds rock).

I am very turned off by your product.
    You can't win 'em all.

Obviously customer service is not your priority (don't forget I am the customer here, not my surfers!!!)
    Please visit the testomonials section of www.hardgayfeeds.com for customer feedback. Our content has increases retention ratios for a healthy sample of well-known programs and sites. Our own customer retention (ie people like Luke - not surfers) is 100% (yes - 100%) since we have been in the feed biz (not including customers exiting the market, insolvency/bankruptcy etc).

There is a lot of competition in the content plugin market, if you don't make it as easy as possible for me to decide to use your product then I am off to the next supplier.
    I truly hope that webmasters who take the time and effort to frequent this board also take the time and effort to thoroughly assess the products that they are considering feeding to their members. This business is becoming more competitive every day and surfers are becoming more discerning. The same ol' same ol' is not enough to convert and retain a healthy membership base. CONTENT IS KING.

My personal belief - The stuff that you can lease on the cheap is OK as filler but it won't set you apart. You should ideally be:

a) Shooting your own stuff
    b) Leasing/licensing some quality/unique content that you won't see in all of the cookie cutter sites run by SOME the big operators (who don't really give a toss about the gay market).
    c) Leasing some superfluous/filler stuff under the terms that Luke has suggested if you think it's necessary - We've done pretty well without within the Gunz Blazing program and I know that many of our customers have as well.

Have a great week!

BRIAN.

so far, i have never leased a feed without a price guide of some kind. most places have a starter package 1 - 50 or 1 - 100 member sites. they also charge per gig (with a sliding scale) and so on.

if a site can't give me some prices as a frame of reference, i move on.

Tyler
    Obviously customer service is not your priority (don't forget I am the customer here, not my surfers!!!)
    I can whole-heartedly dispute this.
    Brian, his company, his feeds and above all his prices ROCK.:thumbsup:

Tyler - that may well be, however people who don't know him won't know what his prices are.

so far, i have never leased a feed without a price guide of some kind. most places have a starter package 1 - 50 or 1 - 100 member sites. they also charge per gig (with a sliding scale) and so on.

if a site can't give me some prices as a frame of reference, i move on.
    Thanks for your interest Basschick.

That's all we need to be able to provide you with a start-up package price (Sexgaymes $250pm and BARE! $300pm - take off 10% if you lease both). We have worked with Webmasters who don't have the budget they require during the start-up process and constructed a longer-term pricing plan that can get them good content before their rebills have become established.

We try to be as flexible as possible for our customers - which ironically enough is the reason why we don't publish a rate card. It often deters people who don't invest the necessary time into their business to make contact with us, assess our products and tell us what their needs are.