Thread: Average Time for Search Engine

Anything is possible

Average Time for Search Engine

Ok - another newbie question -What is the average amount of time it takes for the search engines to pick up new sites/blogs and are there any tricks to getting them recognized faster - thanks

Supposedly there is a six month "sandbox" time for new sites. However, I've seen blogs in the SE the next day after creation. Have you added to the ping site list in your blog (other than the pingomatic site) ??

I have a list here: http://www.adultblogbuilder.com/inde...ow-pings-mean/

...just delete the one on the blog now and copy paste that list in and save it. All of them will be notified when you have a new post. Those that show links back to you help your pr and SE listing.

google and yahoo allow you to submit new pages and sites. mine are usually listed within a day of submitting.

Anything is possible
    Thank you both for the help -- Trey

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I must admit i have never submitted my sites to any search engine and typically, Google and Yahoo both seem to get them picked up and listed within 24-48 hours of the domain actually being registered.

Im not sure if it has something to do with the hosting company, registrar or the fact i have them added to the server right away and physically type each address in to my browser and visit the domain once the support ticket is answered but, 24-48 hours later, whether there is any actual 'content' on the domain or not, they get picked up.

Regards,

Lee