Thread: Stolen Content - What do you do?

blah blah blah...

Stolen Content - What do you do?

I just got an email from a loyal member letting me know that my content is being downloaded on megaupload.com.

This guy has links to my content and many other gay sites (FratMen and MikeHancock that i noticed): http://www.gayheaven.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10873

And the other day i did a quick search on rapidshare, and i'm all over that site too!

What do you guys do? I don't use DRM and i don't have the time to review all these sites looking for my content all the time...it's pointless.

Allan

DIXTER.COM
    Dixter.com Affiliate Program
    50/50 Rev Share Program with 5% Webmaster Referrals

first you can either send a polite email or get right down to sending them a c&d. if they ignore it - and i'm sure they will - you contact their host. if that doesn't work, you could talk to a lawyer.

keep in mind that a lot of the guys who are into file sharing aren't likely to become paying members, and some might actually type in the url on one of the video if he likes what he sees enough and is open to buying a membership.

blah blah blah...
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    and some might actually type in the url on one of the video if he likes what he sees enough and is open to buying a membership.
    thanks basschick. the thing is most of the files on RS have had the logo/url covered/removed.

and can you imagine doing all the steps you mentioned with anyone posting stolen content? i'd be spending all day sending c&d emails as apposed to making money

DIXTER.COM

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by GPallan View Post
    and can you imagine doing all the steps you mentioned with anyone posting stolen content? i'd be spending all day sending c&d emails as apposed to making money
    Shoot me an email bud, i need another couple of beta-testers for our DMCA service, you will significantly cut down the amount of time it takes sending out takedown requests using our semi-automated service which will help you and, having another person beta testing will also be helping me too

Regards,

Lee

Making Pain Pay!
    Isn't the FBI required to investigate allegations of copyright infringement?

I think I read that somewhere.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post
    Isn't the FBI required to investigate allegations of copyright infringement?

I think I read that somewhere.
    somehow protecting the rights of a "smut peddlar" isn't exactly high on their priority list ( prosecuting you though is! ) , you can however file a grievance and a represenative will be with you sometime in the distant future. ( interpreted: nice hasn't gotten me anywhere , I believe in lawyers! )

jim

I like cocks better than you!
    Shoot me an email and I will be glad to email you a copy of a DMCA letter to send to the host as well as the client.

blah blah blah...
    thanks lee! i sent you an email yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Shoot me an email bud, i need another couple of beta-testers for our DMCA service, you will significantly cut down the amount of time it takes sending out takedown requests using our semi-automated service which will help you and, having another person beta testing will also be helping me too

Regards,

Lee

DIXTER.COM

blah blah blah...
    thanks! just emailed you

Quote Originally Posted by derekt View Post
    Shoot me an email and I will be glad to email you a copy of a DMCA letter to send to the host as well as the client.

DIXTER.COM