Thread: how do i know if a designer is good or not

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'

how do i know if a designer is good or not

i want to start chatting with designers about doing my first paysite but how do i know if they are any good or not with doing designs that will convert to surfer sales i think if i ask them thy will just say there sites sell well but how can i know for sure please?

You can start by checking your conversion ratios for different programs. Find those that do really well for you. Now go find out who designs for them.:thumbsup:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Actually, im going to disagree with Bec on this LOL

Checking affiliate programs sites these days, is actually not a good way to check whether a designers work is any good, because most of the affiliates programs out there today have their own in-house designers, especially programs such as TopBucks, AEBN, ARS, etc, etc which i know Rich has stated he promotes in the past.

What i would suggest is to check the designers portfolio, go to the sites via the web that they designed and try asking the program owner how well they work, of course, you have to be pretty good with your BS meter because 99.99% of program owners these days will tell you all of their sites convert well.

Another thing you could do, try to find some 'private' paysites, ones that are not part of any program and see if the owner of those sites has any feedback on the designer or their designs.

For the most part though, whether a designer is 'good' or not is going to be found out by posting about a specific designer and getting feedback off the boards or, taking a risk and getting first-hand knowlege but even that is hit or miss, ive used designers in the past who others swear by and their designs didnt sell at all, likewise, ive used designers who i have been told to avoid and their work sold great.

Regards,

Lee