Thread: New Sprint Palm Pre and how it affects you

New Sprint Palm Pre and how it affects you

So a good friend of mine was waiting in line when his local Sprint store opened and he purchased Sprint's new top-of-the-line phone...which has the same display area as an iPhone and allows users to have media and the web browser operating simultaneously.

The upshot of this: if you have stuff optimized for the iPhone, it will work just as well on the Palm Pre =)

If you aren't playing on the mobile playground, hit me up and I'll help get you started :cheekymonkey:
    Jacob Stiver
    E-Mail: drchango2010@gmail.com
    ICQ#: 388847435

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Im actually thinking about getting a Pre later this month, the 320x480 resolution screen is supposed to become the 'standard' for mobile devices and websites by all accounts over the next few years which has been set by Apples iPhone already for the most part.

The only problem is, to get an unlocked Pre is going to cost in the region of $700-$1000

On the plus side, as (from what i understand) the Pre is using already established browser technology, redirecting them to mobile site versions shouldnt mean having to change any php, java or htaccess files

Regards,

Lee

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    i think apple are launching a new iphone soon as well with movies on it

from cnet:

The good: The Palm Pre's multitasking capabilities and notifications system are unparalleled. The smartphone features a vibrant display with multitouch functionality as well as a solid Web browser and good multimedia integration. The Pre offered good call quality and wireless options include 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS.

The bad: The Pre's keyboard is cramped. Battery life drains quickly and the smartphone can be sluggish at times. Lacks expansion slot, video-recording capabilities, onscreen keyboard, and Flash support. The Pre App Catalog is still in beta with a limited number of titles.
    no video? no expansion slot?

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    unlocked Pre? What's the point it's not even GSM

Im wating to see what the HTC Touch Pro2 is like so far on pictures it looks nice