Thread: Epoch - DMCA

I like cocks better than you!

Epoch - DMCA

Monday morning I sent a DMCA take down notice to Epoch, the host, and the webmaster / operator of the site.
    The email was returned as the mailbox the email sent to was not existent.
    The host said they would contact the client / webmaster.
    The email was sent to Copyright@epoch.com. I have not received an answer.
    Wednesday I called 3 different people at Epoch and left voicemails.
    Still no answer. The content is still there.

Does anyone know of anyone at Epoch to send DMCA's to?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Don't expect efficiency at Epoch.

You can try talking to Rand, but you often get a snotty response.

If you don't get a response, I'd see who their upstream providers are and start sending DMCA notices to them. The upstreams have to respond, or they, too, become liable for infringement. From Comcast where I am, at least one of Epoch's upstreams appears to be alter.net. I don't know who else.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Yeah i was always under the impression if a DMCA notice went unanswered/ignored that the person being sent the notice also became liable too.

Not to sure on how you would enforce that against Epoch though or actually even if that would apply to them as they are only a billing processor.

Again though, sticking their head in the sand and hoping things like this go away has always been their MO.

Regards,

Lee

I like cocks better than you!
    We didn't get anywhere with Rand. He replied to the DMCA with "Thank you, have a great weekend." :jerkoff:
    The host finally did contact the webmaster and asked them how they received the content. The webmaster said, "I downloaded it from AEBN because I thought it was hot and I think the surfer would enjoy it also." The host did ask their client to remove the content until they can prove they have rights to the content and they have 72 hours to do so.
    The content was removed Friday also.

Thanks Guys!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by derekt View Post
    We didn't get anywhere with Rand. He replied to the DMCA with "Thank you, have a great weekend." :jerkoff:
    Just another reason NOT to use Epoch. I cant imagine any other processor, even Verotel or SegPay acting like that.

Thats just a pathetic response to something that is important for their clients, making sure the content that Epoch is profiting off, is able to keep making their clients (and them) money.

Regards,

Lee