Thread: CCBill - Dynamic Pricing Option?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

CCBill - Dynamic Pricing Option?

I was curious to know if someone from CCBill could help me out with dynamic pricing, ive been told by a couple of friends running mainstream stores that you are able to actually use a payment structure based on a shopping cart system but im not able to find anything about this on the main CCBill site and i have a few questions.

1) How does this work (in a nutshell)? Im guessing it allows the customer to select a variety of digital media products from a store front and then basically 'checkout' based on whatever the total shopping carts value is, not whatever pricing option is set in WebAdmin for the sub account?

2) Does this dynamic pricing need any special programming or is it simply plugging in some code to a .htaccess file or 'members' area on a cart site?

3) When setting up individual items for a digital download store, does EACH item being sold have to be approved by AUP?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Lee

voted best dresser
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I was curious to know if someone from CCBill could help me out with dynamic pricing, ive been told by a couple of friends running mainstream stores that you are able to actually use a payment structure based on a shopping cart system but im not able to find anything about this on the main CCBill site and i have a few questions.

1) How does this work (in a nutshell)? Im guessing it allows the customer to select a variety of digital media products from a store front and then basically 'checkout' based on whatever the total shopping carts value is, not whatever pricing option is set in WebAdmin for the sub account?

2) Does this dynamic pricing need any special programming or is it simply plugging in some code to a .htaccess file or 'members' area on a cart site?

3) When setting up individual items for a digital download store, does EACH item being sold have to be approved by AUP?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Lee
    Hi Lee,

1. With our default options, the pricing must be setup in the webmaster admin before it is offered to your customers. Dynamic pricing allows you to generate the pricing on the fly (within our predetermined parameters of course) making it perfect for a shopping cart type business model.

2. It does require some programming on the sponsors end as an MD5 hash must be generated. Here is the documentation: http://www.ccbill.com/cs/manuals/CCB...ic_Pricing.pdf

3. This really depends on your business model but it is not necessary to setup each product as a separate subaccount as long as our policy and review department can review all of the products that you are offering.

Hope that helps.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCBill Paul View Post
    1. With our default options, the pricing must be setup in the webmaster admin before it is offered to your customers. Dynamic pricing allows you to generate the pricing on the fly (within our predetermined parameters of course) making it perfect for a shopping cart type business model.

2. It does require some programming on the sponsors end as an MD5 hash must be generated. Here is the documentation: http://www.ccbill.com/cs/manuals/CCB...ic_Pricing.pdf

3. This really depends on your business model but it is not necessary to setup each product as a separate subaccount as long as our policy and review department can review all of the products that you are offering.

Hope that helps.
    Paul
    Yep that helps however, i also have a few more questions now LOL

When you say default pricing has to be setup, does that mean that each item, for example i want to use this to run a clip store so lets say i have 50 clips, does each 'clip' need setting up with a price in WebAdmin or, can i set a default 'price' for every clip, say they are all priced at $4 as an example and that will suffice?

On a clip store basis, im guessing that AUP will need access to the 'protected' area where all the content is stored, is that correct? In essence, they have access to the download directory where all clip files reside so they can see what is/isnt being offered or is there more involvement than that?

For example, lets say i start off my clip store with 50 clips, then in a weeks time add another 50, will AUP need to review the first 50 before program launch, then with each update have to review the new additions?

Regards,

Lee

voted best dresser
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Yep that helps however, i also have a few more questions now LOL

When you say default pricing has to be setup, does that mean that each item, for example i want to use this to run a clip store so lets say i have 50 clips, does each 'clip' need setting up with a price in WebAdmin or, can i set a default 'price' for every clip, say they are all priced at $4 as an example and that will suffice?

On a clip store basis, im guessing that AUP will need access to the 'protected' area where all the content is stored, is that correct? In essence, they have access to the download directory where all clip files reside so they can see what is/isnt being offered or is there more involvement than that?

For example, lets say i start off my clip store with 50 clips, then in a weeks time add another 50, will AUP need to review the first 50 before program launch, then with each update have to review the new additions?

Regards,

Lee
    I should have made more distinction between the default pricing and the dynamic pricing, sorry about that. Default pricing I consider everything that is not dynamic pricing. So if you are using dynamic pricing you do not have to have any options setup in the webmaster admin. If that makes sense.

Our reviewers will certainly need to review before the launch and we will be periodically reviewing the site as we always do looking for more additions.

Fantastic, thanks Paul

Gonna send those tech specs to my programmer guy over the weekend and see if he has any questions before he starts work on this

Regards,

Lee