Thread: Okay Tech Question... JavaScript Related (I Think)

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Okay Tech Question... JavaScript Related (I Think)

I have an admin area that has a bunch of check boxes in it, now usually i just select each option manually as im going through the various image sets that i need to categorize however, recently im noticing that more and more im having to select all of the options for image sets.

Does anyone know of a way i can put a JavaScript in this pages HTML template so that i only have to check a single box and in turn, that will make check marks appear in all of the other boxes on the same page? Is this even possible?

Regards,

Lee

I've seen a select all option with a list of things ... which is what you want to have happen.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    Something like this should work. I haven't tested it but give it a go and if it's funky, I'll try to tweak it for you. It will toggle all of the checkboxes in a form based on whichever state they currently are in, so you can use it whichever way you want.

You need to put this in the page code:

<script type="text/javascript">
    function ToggleCheckboxes(x) {
    for(var i=0,l=x.form.length; i<l; i++) {
    if(x.form[i].type == 'checkbox' && x.form[i].name != 'toggleAll') {
    x.form[i].checked=x.form[i].checked?false:true
    }
    }
    }
    </script>

Then put this in your form (I assume you have a form with checkboxes, which is where you want to change the checkboxes' status:

<form> (you should already have this line on the page somewhere)
    <input type="checkbox" name="toggleAll" onclick="ToggleCheckboxes(this)" /> (Toggle checkboxes)<br />
    </form> (don't add an extra line like this, just here to show you the above INPUT line goes inside the form boundaries)

Hope it works

Kevin

Hmm, doing a preview I see the forum doesn't like tabs and whitespace, so all of my indentations and alignment of brackets didn't do a thing! Oh well, javascript doesn't care about such things, it's only to make it prettier and easier to read for us mere mortals.

Okay cool ill give that a shot and see what happens

When posting any type of code, if you use the BB tag [ code ] and [ / code ] without the spaces it should let you post anything

Regards,

Lee

Its kinda working, going to play with it a little more though as my original programmer made all of the checkboxes part of the php code and they are all dynamically generated, appreciate the help again Kevin

Regards,

Lee