Thread: What Would You Prefer?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? What Would You Prefer?

If you had a choice when it came to bigotry, would you prefer someone who was open about their bigoted views or, someone who kept their views to themselves?

We were having a discussion about this earlier over dinner with a law enforcement friend of ours and he was telling us that many individuals in what are considered 'minority' groups actually prefer it when bigoted individuals lets their views be known, rather than keep them bottled up inside.

To a certain extent i think there are times when i would agree with this however, i also think there are times when someones bigoted views should be kept to themselves.

This topic actually came up because we started discussing the holocaust museum shooting last week.

Your thoughts? Which of the two would you prefer, someone who let their prejudice/bigoted views be known or, someone who kept their views to themselves?

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    I'd rather know my enemies.

I think it's always better to have it open on the table, rather than someone talking behind your back (they'll do it anyways) and smiling in your face. I don't need to be everybodys darling and not everybody needs to be my darling.

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    I'd like all professionals...doctors, etc. to be honest with me, or anyone who wants to get close to me because I'd rather know and leave then be put at risk.

Where it's most important that someone be honest about their bigotry is in the health field, especially mental health. So much damage has been done to many people who pretend to be friends of gays (including gay people) who definitely are not and are quite dangerous.

The problem is you know this is not likely to happen.