Thread: the domain name game with SE's

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are

the domain name game with SE's

Questions if you have thoughts on these:

1. Take a domain like "cumuffin". ( Just a made up example, thankfully - forget how dumb it sounds.) Would a search engine recognize only the word "muffin" or also the word "cum?" Would it recognize "cum" as the strongest word/keyword int the domain because it is first? Or is "cum" totally out of the picture?

2. Are there a list of words most adult webmasters know that aren't smart to use in a domain name simply because a search using such words (on Google or other SE's) will not favor or list sites with those words in the domain? The following seem to be OK in Google, but are they?: suck, cock, cum, jizz. However, searching "piss" only brings up adult domains with "piss" in them starting on page sixty-something of the results. But a search for "pissing" brings up adult domains on the first page of results.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    1) Yes it will recognize both words, especially Google, there seems to be some debate about whether or not to use hyphens in domain names and whether they actually do anything in relationship to SEO however.

2) Certain words in domain names (and meta tags) are considered 'stop words' by pretty much every major search engine these days, stop words are.... At, in, of, and, the, if, to, by, etc, etc, etc... So try to avoid using stop words in your domain name registrations if possible.

Of course when it comes to the SEO itself, the domain really is a very miniscule part of the overall picture.

Regards,

Lee

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    i dont know but a lot of people do seem to register domains with dashes in them so i wonder if it works for some domain names and not for others maybe?

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work.
    What lee said. The domain name retains very little in SEO value these days.

You should buy domain names for branding purposes - not SEO.

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogleman View Post
    What lee said. The domain name retains very little in SEO value these days.

You should buy domain names for branding purposes - not SEO.
    That's kind of good in that it encourages more creative domains. I bought one recently like that, makes me feel better about it. So tired of the SEO game. I guess it's something we have to deal with regardless of the domain name.