Thread: Do 'Pride' Events Mean Much To You?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Do 'Pride' Events Mean Much To You?

As in, when your local town/city/club whatever throws a 'Pride Event' are you the type of person who will scramble to go to it or are they one of those things that you personally dont put much weight in?

I must admit that for Gary and I, although we've been to several of our local events, if we have other things planned, we typically end up skipping them, no matter where they are.

In London id always actually miss the main Pride events, they really dont hold much weight to me as something to do or being somewhere to celebrate being 'gay'.

So what about the rest of you folks, do you go to Pride events to celebrate or whatever?

Regards,

Lee

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Much to say on this, but it's too personal. Something I'd gladly share in a private conversation, but am wary on an open forum. Suffice it to say, gay pride parades/events have been a big let down for me. It'd be a wonderful day if I found something that wasn't such.

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar
    No nothing to me.

They are a freak show and I am actually embarrassed to have them "represent" gayness at all...
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

I've been to many in several cities and at the end of the day most people use it as an excuse to get drunk during the day and act stupid.

My partner & I usually end up doing something far far away from the festivities, like camping. However, this year we may actually go as we only live a half block from where the parade stages and we didn't make other plans this time around. So what the heck...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiB View Post
    They are a freak show and I am actually embarrassed to have them "represent" gayness at all...
    I dont know but i kinda get the impression you have some deep seated internal 'homosexual' issues you need to work out, ive seen you make these types of comments a few times before and quite frankly, calling anyone a 'freak' especially working in an industry such as ours is insulting beyond comprehension.

Maybe you were dropped on your head as a kid (or not dropped on your head enough) but whenever i see you make those types of comments i really wonder what you are thinking about, working in the adult industry, we should all be tolerant of everyone, working in the adult industry as gay individuals, id imagine most of us have a lot of tolerance, you however it appears dont.

Whilst Pride events may not be your 'thing' insulting the people who attend them with blanket statements like yours does more damage than good.

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    Well, they don't 'mean much' to me, but I like to go there if I have time. I like to watch the parade and some of the stage shows. Also it's a nice opportunity to look for potential models and to meet people.

Honestly, I never saw the point in going to one. I've always felt comfortable about my sexuality and I didn't feel it was necessary to "celebrate" it in front of crowds of people.

But then I went to one. And it changed me.Because it's not about sexuality, Really, it's not. It's about inclusion and acceptance and understanding. I actually felt "proud" of who I was and I knew that I was not alone. It really kind of liberated me in a sense.

Anyway, that's my $0.02 worth on the subject.

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I dont know but i kinda get the impression you have some deep seated internal 'homosexual' issues you need to work out, ive seen you make these types of comments a few times before and quite frankly, calling anyone a 'freak' especially working in an industry such as ours is insulting beyond comprehension.

Maybe you were dropped on your head as a kid (or not dropped on your head enough) but whenever i see you make those types of comments i really wonder what you are thinking about, working in the adult industry, we should all be tolerant of everyone, working in the adult industry as gay individuals, id imagine most of us have a lot of tolerance, you however it appears dont.

Whilst Pride events may not be your 'thing' insulting the people who attend them with blanket statements like yours does more damage than good.

Regards,

Lee

I personally think that these "event's" do more damage than good for the gay rights movement as the media covers them.

Also, since this is a personal option, my viewpoint is valid (since you asked in the thread) and if you have a personal problem with me then I suggest that you address it via PM instead of publicly suggesting that I have mental issues with my sexuality...especially since you have never had the pleasure of meeting me in person for any sort of an extended conversation for you to make that observation.

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

I came away from our Gay Days event this year feeling a bit "empty". The event seemed downsized this year and the parties seemed a little tame. I remember a few years ago when we partied the entire event from Thursday to Sunday and had the time of our lives, but this year, we attended the Expo and one pool party and that was it. Many of the regular "Raves" at the water parks were canceled, or so I heard and even the EXPO was smaller this year with fewer gay companies being represented than in past years.
    It was so disappointing that the Tampa boys don't even seem interested in going to Tampa/St.Pete Pride which is tomorrow. Let's hope that the parade this year through downtown Orlando is a little more enjoyable.
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

Marketing Director-Orlando
    Collegeboyslive.com
    AIM: cbl chaz Orlando
    E-Mail: chaz@collegeboyslive.com

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    I'm no fan of them. The few I've been to I was kind of embarrassed. I was hoping none of my family or friends saw it and associated all gay people with dressing/looking or acting that way.

It's the same thing with tv, I watched a few episodes of Queer as Folk and I was hoping my parents or grandparents wouldn't flip through Showtime and see that kind of behavior and think that's how all gay people were.

Though it's nice to know we're able to have a parade. I just wish they would do the parades in a little more professional, classy, and effective manner so people would see we are normal and take us serious and not be frightened. We want to win people over not reinforce the stereotypes.

Just my opinion and $0.02
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveTwinksCam View Post
    I'm no fan of them. The few I've been to I was kind of embarrassed. I was hoping none of my family or friends saw it and associated all gay people with dressing/looking or acting that way.

It's the same thing with tv, I watched a few episodes of Queer as Folk and I was hoping my parents or grandparents wouldn't flip through Showtime and see that kind of behavior and think that's how all gay people were.

Though it's nice to know we're able to have a parade. I just wish they would do the parades in a little more professional, classy, and effective manner so people would see we are normal and take us serious and not be frightened. We want to win people over not reinforce the stereotypes.

Just my opinion and $0.02
    I tend to agree. Although it's not my place to say, I think that's likely all MiamiB was saying, too. As for parades, whatever and nightclubs, if all gay people came out to go to them, there would be no room for everyone. It's just not something for everyone, and there's nothing wrong with that. Why wouldn't this be so when it's the same for people who aren't gay?

I still look forward to good parade/event and maybe I just haven't been at the right place at the right time, who knows. I certainly support people who are different than me.

As for Queer as Folk, I imagine it was a big success but I didn't like it. The title implies it's about everyday people and it really isn't. And I'm not fond of all the drug abuse on it, almost as if it's OK or typical of gay people.

It'd be nice to see a TV show or movie with gay characters that are not at all closeted, that not being closeted doesn't mean acting like an irresponsible or strange person, AND whose roles are whatever the plot of a movie would be, if you know what I mean. I want Harvey Milk movies, too, which are super important! (Gay or not, everyone needs to learn gay history, and it should taught in schools.) But if all we have are once in a while movies of extraordinary people/situations, then it's easy for others to look at us (gay people) as abstractions and exceptions. It's still hard to find a gay character who is treated like an average person except once in a while on maybe the food or home and garden channel, where people generally are people...cooking and fixing up their homes.

(BTW I'm spotting some interesting things on TV...look at the Orbit commercial...the one when the guy comes down from his flying machine onto a golf course, offers a check from Orbit to 3 of 4 golfers. One of the guys who gets a check, the closet to the camera and one shown the longest, is wearing a prominent Human Rights Campaign emblem on his shirt, the blue Square with yellow equal sign. On LOGO, I see there is something called GayOrbit, too, not sure what that is about.)

The most profound effect on gay rights and equality is going to happen when it isn't taboo for us to be represented as the normal people we are. The problem will always remain as long as people believe the homophobic myth that "heterosexuality is the default/norm." It certainly isn't for human, or for many species that inhabit the earth.