Thread: Next Month I May Be Getting A Macbook Air So...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Next Month I May Be Getting A Macbook Air So...

I was wondering, if i actually do go this route, how would i go about migrating over my data from my IBM laptop over to the Macbook Air?

From what i have been told by a few friends, a lot of the stuff i have on my laptop might not actually be 'compatible' with a Mac laptop, anyone ever made this type of move before and if so, did you have any problems transferring over your documents/folders etc etc and actually being able to open them on the mac?

Regards,

Lee

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    Hi Lee!

As you know I'm a Mac fanatic as I converted over to Mac a few years ago and we had the conversation right here on GWW about it. I don't know if the MacBook Air is best for you, you may want to look at a MacBook Pro 13" or 15". The software will be the same or a little different than you are currently using for your PC. Most likely it will just be better.

I have Office 2008 for my Mac and have no problems with my previous files. I have no problems at all, you can always run Windows in a virtual machine on your Mac as well. Plus you have the Unix ability since Mac OS is built on Unix. Which is what Windows should do one day, just start over from scratch and rebuild their stuff on a new OS, that works and that's not old. I don't know what all you're are using, but I'm sure a lot of other folks here can point you in the right direction and the folks at the Apple store can help you 1 on 1 also.

Congratulations and you will never look back at a PC again, trust me. I was a PC fanboy starting back when I was 10 on a IBM PC Jr and I dealt with PCs and networks my entire life. That's what I do, but I still use Macs and prefer them now that I converted over 2 years ago, there are a lot of others like us out there also.

Congrats! Once you go Mac, you never go back! OS X! :luke: :luke:
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    Oh and make sure you get the new Mac laptops, they just refreshed them 3 weeks ago, and lowered the price by about $300 bucks. I just bought my new MacBook Pro, love it, my previous one I had bought 2 years ago.

There may be some old inventory hanging around still depending on where you buy them. If you do buy the older inventory it should be even cheaper!
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Go with the MacBook Pro's - they are now only cheaper but also faster than the Atom processor in the MacBook Air
    :-D