Thread: Help with new amateur site (content=me)...AVS or not?

gaybennude

Help with new amateur site (content=me)...AVS or not?

bwages
    from
    Young Ben Nude

Hi,
    I just started a new website with my personal pics...and I don't think I really have the right strategy. I decided to make it a UGAS website, but I have alright traffic, although it all comes from UGAS really, so I'm not really making money from that. I've signed up for free advertising on search engines and such, but I haven't really paid for anything professional.

I'm thinking that an AVS isn't really the best method. All the other sites seem to be really bland unoriginal content, and I think I could do something more worthwhile with it. So my question is...should I try making a paysite, or perhaps sell my content? Right now I have only about 50 pics online, but they are only pics that I already had, and I'm planning on adding about 100 pics of various sorts (posing, j/o, sextoys) and 5 videos that I already have made and I'll be making probably 10 or so more.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated...the site address is http://www.gaycybersites.com/yngbennude/ and its UGAS protected, but the sample pics are pretty illustrative of the inside content.

Thank You
    email = youngbennude@yahoo.ca

romeoboi
    hey....

from my experience, AVS was a good model but the traffic has died down and most link list sites don't really list them anymore.

You do have 50+ pics on your site which is good, but because of the sponsor links and layout you don't qualify for the preffered listing.

You may want to clean things up and re-design a little bit so you can submit to more link list sites.

If you want some help or design advice hit me up on ICQ at 160001441

Dzinerbear
    The AVS, or AEN's as they're called now, model works just fine. The problem, or the reason that you're not making any money, is that you have one site with 50 pictures. Once you've submitted that one gallery, the traffic will be good from the AEN for a couple of days because your site appears in the "new site" section.

But after a week, how is anyone going to find your site?

Typically, webmasters who "work" the AEN models submit sites every day to the various services to continually drive traffic to their hubs. Once you submit you gallery to MANcheck, for instance, then you'd also submit it some place like Hunk Hunter or Manpics, and those link lists will drive traffic to your site.

For the AEN model to work, you need to be constantly putting up new galleries. If you just put up one gallery and then wait for the traffic and money to roll in, you're going to be waiting a long time. Some AEN's will re-submit you to the "new site" section if you've updated a certain percentage of your site. So check with them and see what their rules are.

And I'm afraid that turning your site into a paysite isn't going to help very much unless you're going to be adding a lot more pictures – and updating it weekly. People who are paying $9.95 a month or more to get into your site are going to be expecting a lot from you. I'd say at least a couple of new galleries and videos a week.

I hope I'm not discouraging you. But the "if we build it they will come" days are gone. Today's adult site owner must work hard, consistently, and diligently to get traffic and produce sales. There's definitely an untapped market out there for the individual amateur site, you just need to produce more stuff and package it a little differently.

Good luck
    Dzinerbear

Dzinerbear
    Here's a couple of amateur sites that might help you get started at improving and selling your own:

http://www.bigroger.com/
    http://www.joeyjordan.com/welcome.htm

Cheers
    Dzinerbear