Thread: Hehe... Have You Ever Noticed You Start Talking Engrish?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Hehe... Have You Ever Noticed You Start Talking Engrish?

With some of the designers, programmers or whoever you talk to on ICQ that do not have English as their first language?

I just caught myself doing this today with our programmer, instead of saying something like.. 'Well yes it looks good but this needs to be changed and this needs to be moved'... I typed out...

'it looks good but to make it gooder its bestest to shift over this area and then change up this which makes it feel betterer to the surfer'.

I never realized i actually did this until i noticed it today but going back through some of my old ICQ logs with other guys i work with, if they are out of the country it seems like after speaking with them a while i actually start typing in 'Engrish' and for whatever reason, they seem to understand my instructions better when i do.

Regards,

Lee

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    Well, i must say that English is not my first language as well, but it was really funny to read your second variant
    And it doesn't matter wether we use 'English' or 'Engrish' as long as we understand each other betterer
    DIAMONDGAYS.com - fresh twinks and best ratio! Highly recommended!

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    I usually try to keep words small and simple to something a 6th grader could understand when I speak with people that don't use english as a primary language. It works well most of the time.

Funny how you pick up new language skills and adapt to new situations to improve communication regarless of your native tongue though.

Quote Originally Posted by PUMPaul View Post
    I usually try to keep words small and simple to something a 6th grader could understand when I speak with people that don't use english as a primary language. It works well most of the time.

Funny how you pick up new language skills and adapt to new situations to improve communication regarless of your native tongue though.

Since you travel a lot for your "day job", I suppose you get into all kinds of situations where you get to test that ability.

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    some times when i tlk to erics friends ort I install a alarm system in a chinsese house hold I find myself talking with broken english, not my nornmal machine gun english